Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock-fueled trucks step on in...

Default Stock-fueled trucks step on in...

This question is for those with a stock fuel system, i.e. stock lift pump, filter, CP3 and injectors. What is the max fuel rate you're seeing? Mine is maxing out around 134mm3. Another question is how much power are y'all getting out of it as well? I'm shooting for 500hp max and the only mods I have are an AFE intake, S&B elbow and unrestricted exhaust.
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

One of my test trucks was running a air dog fuel system, max was 471hp at 160mm3.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Les, is there any benifit in changing the mm3 table to160 rather than 145?
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

Practically speaking (the tuners might correct me here), but I don't think there is any benefit, remember that commanded fuel table is being used to reference back in to the pulse table. If you are wanting some control over the pulse time at higher than normal commanded mm3 then you could up the axis on the pulse table to 160mm3 so you have some control on the pulse time up there.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Havent found one yet...the ECM will interpolate the mm3 values from the last known value up to the max.

The only time I alter the rpm or mm3 axis is when I am trying to control fueling precicely or when I am fueling over 4000rpms like in my puller. Ilike to control mm3 over 3500rpm in smaller incriments up to the 4700rpm launch...

In short though....leaving the max mm3 on the tables set to 145mm3 doesnt seem to be a problem.

Where you will run into a problem is if your limiters are set to 145mm3 and not higher...I have the limiters on all my truck set at 200mm3 for their max but still scale them to be used for doing their job at6 lower rpm, boost etc areas...they will never get there, but I know that in the upper fueling areas, those limiters will not factor in at all.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Practically speaking (the tuners might correct me here), but I don't think there is any benefit, remember that commanded fuel table is being used to reference back in to the pulse table. If you are wanting some control over the pulse time at higher than normal commanded mm3 then you could up the axis on the pulse table to 160mm3 so you have some control on the pulse time up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Havent found one yet...the ECM will interpolate the mm3 values from the last known value up to the max.

The only time I alter the rpm or mm3 axis is when I am trying to control fueling precicely or when I am fueling over 4000rpms like in my puller. Ilike to control mm3 over 3500rpm in smaller incriments up to the 4700rpm launch...

In short though....leaving the max mm3 on the tables set to 145mm3 doesnt seem to be a problem.

Where you will run into a problem is if your limiters are set to 145mm3 and not higher...I have the limiters on all my truck set at 200mm3 for their max but still scale them to be used for doing their job at6 lower rpm, boost etc areas...they will never get there, but I know that in the upper fueling areas, those limiters will not factor in at all.

I thought that was the reason, giving you a broader area to control.

Thank you guys.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    If I know my truck will show 160mm3 on the log, but the last value in my pulse table mm3 axis is 145mm3, why would it matter to max the limiters out to 200mm3 like you say? I the last point it leaves off at the pulse table is 145mm3, you're already full fueling you max uS. Now I DO understand if you have a pulling truck or one where you're hitting high RPM's, that you would want to max out the mm3 limiters and rescale your pulse table for say, 145mm3, 150mm3, 155mm3, 160mm3, etc..etc. More fine control over fueling where you're running at. I'm just trying to understand more for street rods and DD'ers.

Thanks,

-Andrew
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

My truck is stock motor, fuel and air. All I have is a trans and intake/exhaust.

I put down 473 last fall with just those and efi, with basically no smoke to boot and good manners.

My truck fuels to 150mm3 on command in all my logs without any worries, has since day one.

I did try some playing around with increasing the mm3 but it didnt change anything for me better than just changing pulse width.
    06 CC DRW, DTT, EFI Live.

473HP

Quote Originally Posted by mstordahl View Post
    My truck is stock motor, fuel and air. All I have is a trans and intake/exhaust.

I put down 473 last fall with just those and efi, with basically no smoke to boot and good manners.

My truck fuels to 150mm3 on command in all my logs without any worries, has since day one.

I did try some playing around with increasing the mm3 but it didnt change anything for me better than just changing pulse width.
    i've got pretty much the same results minus the dyno #'s.

It is definately seeming to be truck to truck on the fueling issues... mine fuels like a mother till the limiter no matter where I set it.
    06 CC DRW, DTT, EFI Live.

473HP

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast