Thread: DSP5 switch no voltage

Default DSP5 switch no voltage

I just got EFI Live V2 with a dsp5 switch. I installed the switch and full flashed my tunes. The DSP5 switch didn't seem to be working so I ran the scan tool and used the PID to show the dsp5 voltage. it said N/A all the way across, so I took everything back apart and made sure the pins were seeded and in the right spots and they were in 49 and 69 as instructed for the lb7. still no voltage showing. What could I be doing wrong please help?!

It says n/a? If it is stuck on 5V then the switch isn't seated correctly...or the tune isn't set to hardwired...
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Yes under the Value, Min, Avg, Max it just says N/A when I run the DSP5_Volts PID. I have tripple checked to make sure they were fully seated put it back togather and still nothing. My Tunes were made by Idaho Rob of Adrenaline Truck Performance so I would assume they are right. I don't know what else to do.

have you tried giving rob a call and he walk you through the process of checking everything?
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

yeah I called there and he talked me through the process of checking the voltage. They said if there was no voltage then they switch was most likly wasn't seated. so I took it all apart and checked it AGIAN and the both pins were pushed through and clicked in in spots 49 and 69. Then I ran the scan tool again and it still said n/a across the board and I also ran the dsp tune pid and it said non dsp.

Lifetime Member

If you have a meter, check the voltage at the switch. Should be approx 1,2,3,4,5V Not exactly, but as long as it steps like that it's fine. If it it doesn't do that, what does it do? Look at the PCB on the switch, are all the pins soldered. I know I've missed a pin on occasion in the past and then the switch didn't work.

Ira

I got it working, I actually think it was working all along. When I was connecting on the scan tool I was not chosing the correct ECM. That would most likly be why the volts were reading N/A. So I just enjoyed burning some of my good tires off. Thanks for the support!