Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 8, Jan 06, 2012

The p0601 checksum error. Is that causing anything other than the dash light?

Also, when I did the upgrade, I had probably 6 tunes stored on my computer. All of them changed vin numbers?? I know this sounds weird, atleast it does to me. But I checked them all. And unless I've been driving around with the wrong vin? They changed with the update. Only thing I can figure out. I updated last night. Then tried a new deleted manual tune I got from a buddy. I went in to copy the vin off of one of my older tunes and noticed they were not right? I've never seen the vin # that they are showing.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Pretty unlikely, if we were ever to develop outside of a Windows platform it would be for Linux or OSX, not a 'mobile' platform (no insult intended there either). But at this point just doing M$ is enough, I don't think Paul is too keen to learn how to program for OSX. We have some Apple cheerleaders amongst our staff, so it's not because we are anti Apple we won't do them, it's probably just too much work. I mean, do art students and film starts actually tune their own cars
    No insult taken, I just really want to tune on my cell phone. Jk

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    The p0601 checksum error. Is that causing anything other than the dash light?

Also, when I did the upgrade, I had probably 6 tunes stored on my computer. All of them changed vin numbers?? I know this sounds weird, atleast it does to me. But I checked them all. And unless I've been driving around with the wrong vin? They changed with the update. Only thing I can figure out. I updated last night. Then tried a new deleted manual tune I got from a buddy. I went in to copy the vin off of one of my older tunes and noticed they were not right? I've never seen the vin # that they are showing.
    Dave, I know you've been dealing with Cindy over on some of the other Diesel forums, can you send her your tune that is setting the P0601. The two I've fixed so far have had the same issue the 5.9's did, so it's no big deal to get it sorted out for you.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Zach sent it to ya. And you already sent it back. Your fast, and I'm beyond impressed by the way. I still haven't gotten a chance to flash it on yet.

I have not install the RC8 but did install the RC7 got checksum error with Rc7 ended up uninstalled 7. With the new update rc8 is there a fix for the checksum or do i still need to go to dealer to get my truck flash and also can we BBF with the V2 like i been doing with the August 24 release ?

It worked by the way. Thanks Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by 06redram View Post
    I have not install the RC8 but did install the RC7 got checksum error with Rc7 ended up uninstalled 7. With the new update rc8 is there a fix for the checksum or do i still need to go to dealer to get my truck flash and also can we BBF with the V2 like i been doing with the August 24 release ?
    The release notes for RC8 say "Fixed CMB checksum issue caused by "box tuners" not returning controllers to stock (please refer to new pdf guide for more info)."
    You need to install RC8 then follow the PDF guide to correcting this issue.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yep I reading as i replying. Thanks will be able to BBF?

Yes Thurmon. Read mine and Scarab's posts in this thread to update Bootblock and Firmware files manually. Then you'll have to format the config file system in your V2, then program all files (slower one.). Hope this helps.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Thanks Andrew; your answers always help us that need it

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast