Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 8, Jan 06, 2012

Lifetime Member

I see you guys snuck in the new EFILive logo into the V7.5 splash screen...very sneaky! (Hope this or RC7 was the first time this happened, otherwise I obviously havent been paying attention!)
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The release notes for RC8 say "Fixed CMB checksum issue caused by "box tuners" not returning controllers to stock (please refer to new pdf guide for more info)."
    You need to install RC8 then follow the PDF guide to correcting this issue.
    Checksum fix does not work on my truck with the new RC8.

I have followed everything that in the PDF on how to resulve checksum error p0602 no luck on the fix. Is there something that is missing in the PDF file
    Last edited by 06redram; January 7th, 2012 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 06redram View Post
    Checksum fix does not work on my truck with the new RC8.

I have followed everything that in the PDF on how to resulve checksum error p0602 no luck on the fix. Is there something that is missing in the PDF file
    Got it working i reedited the tune and fellowed the PDF checksum steps reinstalled using BBF STANDALONE it working w/no check engine light on the dash. Great job EFI Live Team
    Last edited by 06redram; January 7th, 2012 at 09:51 PM.

I tried tuning a 6.7 today that was a 08. I have the latest version downloaded (I think) Auto scan worked but it took 30 minutes to read the stock tune and im sure thats not right cause i read somewere that they sped that up a bunch. I couldn't license or tune the truck so im guessing something i did with software isn't right. Any help would be greatly appriciated thanks, Eric
    2002 Chevy duramax, S475 turbo, ATS tranny and dual Cp3's, labonte water/meth injection, Super diesel parts, TC lift kit, 11.94 at 113mph

Eric, we have been playing around a bit with the 6.7L read times, on first release it was just on 30 minutes, but it was stable. Since then we've sped things up with one release down to about 18 minutes, again there didn't seem to be any issues with stability. The current RC8 release should read one in about 11 minutes, but this is pushing the ECM to it's limits as far as how fast the Dodge read routines will allow us to get the file. I don't think there has been any reports of failures which is a good sign. Quite often what works on a test bench doesn't play as nice in the vehicle.
    Anyway, the release this thread is for is indeed the latest, if this is what you are running then perhaps you didn't update the V2's firmware as well, that must be done as it has a necessary update for the faster read times.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It did need updated. it autp updated to this but i still don't think its the latest version and it won't let me type it in manually. The bootblock is 2.07.02 and the firmware is 2.07.12 Now on a different screen looking at the same stuff it says bootblock is 2.07.03 and firmware is 2.07.22? Im not computer stuipid but somethings kinda stump me lol. Thanks for being patient with me. Ok, I refreshed the first page i read the old version from. Now it is stating the new boot/firmware. As i stated above.
    Last edited by ecc_33; January 17th, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
    2002 Chevy duramax, S475 turbo, ATS tranny and dual Cp3's, labonte water/meth injection, Super diesel parts, TC lift kit, 11.94 at 113mph

BootBlock needs to be DEC 12th or 13th, and Firmware Jan 6th. DO NOT AUTO UPDATE till further notice from EFILive!!! Note: when downloading this RC8, you will need to manually program BootBlock and Firmware files to FlashScan as well as Format Config file system and program all files for the controller you want to BBL or BBF. See previous posts in this thread for more info.
    Last edited by FUBAR; January 18th, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Where do I find the January bootblock? I've got the January firmware, but the bootblock is from Dec 12th. Didn't see it in my bootblock folder. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by
    as well as Format Config file system and program all files for the controller you want to BBL or BBF.
    . I see the format button under the config files tab - there is no info in there now. What files do I need to program in there?

Mike
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

You're right. My mistake. DECEMBER 12th.

And what I mean by Format Config Files is to Format Config in V8 and select CMB849 (for example if you want to flash with just the V2 without the laptop) and program all files slower.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    BootBlock needs to be DEC 12th or 13th, and Firmware Jan 6th. DO NOT AUTO UPDATE till further notice from EFILive!!!.
    Oh damn. That sucks lol. Alittle to late for that

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast