Thread: Firmware error message using v7.5

Default Firmware error message using v7.5

I have a V2 Flash Scan unit I bought back in 2010 and I recently upgraded my laptop to a Windows 7 (64 bit) machine. I tried to reinstall the EFI Live flash scan software from the original disc, but I got a failure message about the disc when I tried so I then went and downloaded the latest version from this site (V 7.5.7 build 180). Now when I connect the V2 flashscan to the PC and hook it to the car and attempt to download from the ECU, I get an error message that says something about the firmware needing to be updated and that I need to load version 8.

So I guess I'm confused. Should I not be using version 7.5 anymore and instead replace it with version 8? And then do I still have to update the firmware in the V2 box? I never had any problems with the old software and it always worked just fine. I guess I'm a little worried about reflashing the V2. Do I really need to do this?

Any and all advice welcome!!
    Last edited by C6Guy; January 7th, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

Lifetime Member

What version of the firmware do you have now. From the V2 keyboard, choose Options => License => License details and then scroll down to the firmware version and tell me what it is.

Ira

Firmware version 2.06.12 dated June 7, 2009

Lifetime Member

You need to use BOTH V7.5 and V8. Open V8 Scan & Tune, then click the little FlashScan icon near the Windows clock in the taskbar. This opens EFILive HAPI, click F6 Firmware, then click Update BootBlock. Your V2 will reboot into dead poll mode (2 orange LEDs alternating). Now click Update Firmware and wait for it to reboot once more. Exit EFILive HAPI. Use V8 S&T ->F5 BBX to program your V2 for BBL, BBR, or BBF.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks for all the great support. Ira sent me his phone number and walked me through the process. All it good now. Everything works fine on Windows 7 64 bit.

i am having the same issue...trying to follow ira's instructions but when hitting f6 im getting an error, "access violation at address 004047BD in module 'EFilive_scanandtune.exe' Read of address 00000000. please help

Hi RST,

Which V8 software build version...? Please post a screenshot.

Which firmware version does your V2 have...?

im at work now so i don't have it with me, but after posting i went back to my win xp laptop and updated everything just fine. It must have something to do with my win 7 software i think.