Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 07-09 6.7L Feature Request List

Lifetime Member

Default 07-09 6.7L Feature Request List

UPDATED Jan 24, 2011

This is the official place to request features for the EFILive Cummins tuning.
    As requests are posted this list will be grouped by status.

In progress

• MIL / DTC disable list, GM style (including electric fans if possible)
    • Enhanced VGT functions

Soon to move into development:

• Transmission tuning.
    • CSP – Cummins Switchable Tuning. Use an EFILive Custom OS to switch tunes on the fly. (Method of implementation - Serial/Hardwire will depend on development)

Noted, no firm time frame:

• Transmission tuning.
    • Custom Scaling of Fuel Level Gauge- read and displays accurate fuel tank levels.
    • MAF Logging - if ECM reports it, it will be added.
    • Injector Trim codes

Features Dependent on V8 Scan Tool Development

• DVT controls (V8 Scan Tool feature)
    • BBL
    • Option enables; high idle, fog lights, wheel size. All non ECM functions; will be investigated for complexity when V8 infrastructure is finalised.

Features Not possible/Not considered at this point

• Defuel using factory EGT inputs - if not already a factory option, very hard to add.
    • Individual PID selection - GM style - Cummins ECM limitation requires PID Group selections only.

Needs further investigation:

• Standalone Alternator - need to investigate if it is possible.
    • EBV (Exhaust Bypass Valve, 'EGR Hot Side Servo' control versus engine speed & EMP (Exhaust Manifold Pressure) - requires further explanation
    • Enable separate tables for TPS 0% and TPS>0% - please explain the intent of this request.
    • CCV filter/sensor - more info needed.
    • Re-writing the ECM with a Custom OS to do things the ECM was not designed for. It is possible, but requires MAJOR work. Need to determine if the effort is worth the time/reward.

Implemented, or scheduled for next release

• P0601 - Checksum calculation routine - issue caused by "box tuners" not returning controllers to stock - completed awaiting next release
    • Functionality for racing applications - development functionality completed, awaiting 'customer friendly' software implementation for Beta testing.
    • RPM/Fueling parameters

Cheers
    Cindy
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; November 22nd, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Here's a start

Defuel using the factory EGT inputs (relocated to manifold or left post turbo)
    Serial CSP switching like a Duramax (using edge CTS or something like that)
    Special feature enables (like high idle, Fog with High beams, etc)
    DPF and EGR delete abilities (if that's not covered already in racing applications)
    Last edited by WyoFreeride; January 12th, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Tune switching was mentioned in Cindy's post.
    The title says: 07-09 6.7L Feature Request List. For those considering posting idea's in this thread, please, for 07-09 only, the 2010+ computer is vastly different, lets not mention it again.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Tune switching was mentioned in Cindy's post.
    The title says: 07-09 6.7L Feature Request List. For those considering posting idea's in this thread, please, for 07-09 only, the 2010+ computer is vastly different, lets not mention it again.
    Post edited and mention removed.

Sorry, didn't intend to request anything that you weren't focused on yet, wanted those for the 07-09.

Do you plan to have a serial switching method for the csp tunes already, when released of course?

Sent from my hacked Kindle using Tapatalk
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Don't suppose there would be anyway to alter a not needed signal, something constant. So for example, the grid heater. Instead of firing the grid heater at a certain interval, one could wire up a NOS solenoid in its place and map it into the tables. just using the grid heater as an example. I'm not sure what you could use, it would need to be something that most of us take off or don't use (post injection? if there's a seperate source you could interupt from the ecm) Anyway. it could be used for more than that. Water/meth injection, etc. Just some sort of out source from the ecm that could be mapped into the tuning, i guess you could trigger it off one of the alt maps. You said no matter how wild. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    You said no matter how wild. LOL
    Yes Cindy did, but I can see this is going to end up more like a kid in a candy shop with $50 to spend.....I want one of those, two of them, can you make 6 of those.....
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes Cindy did, but I can see this is going to end up more like a kid in a candy shop with $50 to spend.....I want one of those, two of them, can you make 6 of those.....
    I will admit that the idea seems far fetched. However, one of the box tuners was developing it at one time. So its not that far out there. Besides, all u had to do was say no.

For starters, outside of performance is fix the OE sending unit, how it reads and displays the fuel level in the tank. Instead of 350 miles from Full to 1/2 tank, and 150 miles from 1/2 to empty, it would be nice to see a correct reading.

EBV (Exhaust Bypass Valve , 'EGR Hot side Servo') control versus engine speed and EMP (exhaust manifold pressure).
    - Enable separate tables for
    TPS 0% and TPS>0%

Needs to be available for 'racing applications' with DPF disabled.

high idle
    VGT control

yes please to trans tuning!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast