Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed Limiter E37

Ok, try this tune, I've changed a couple of things outside of EFILive, if they work I'll add the parameters in to the software. There was another (currently not shown) value set to 132 KMH.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

A second speed limiter ... bless GM ... guessing this is common to many / all E37 OS's. Generally people don't ask to have this reduced, and often the vehicle can barely attain the limit anyway - like a 2007+ LU3 4.3L fullsize truck (OEM limit is around 100 MPH / 160 KPH).

Taz, I think the issue is more along the lines of minimum allowed limited speeds, just incase some module requested a 40 MPH limit they have safe guards to refuse such requests. That is why I asked if the car is still minimum limiting at 132 KMH (unfortunately the vehicle in question can't be tested there). So as you say, going lower than normal is not the typical thing we see and probably unearthed some hidden gems
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Thank you for the explanation Ross ... you are a gentleman as always.

So if I understand, we have always had access to increasing the limit (a fairly common request) ... however, if you actually wanted to decrease the limit below the predetermined OEM threshold (an uncommon request) another parameter comes into play.

I'll let you know when Hambone posts the test results

Thanks a lot Ross, I'll try this out Monday. I feel so weird doing it though, I just HATE the idea of slowing vehicles down. Feels so unnatural.

Ok, turns out the vehicle isn't back in the shop until Thursday..... will let you know.

No problem, thanks.

WooHoo! Thanks Ross, it worked just perfectly. Can whatever table you changed be available soon? I know, slowing cars down isn't cool, just something I have to do. Now if I can find a solution to the cruise issue in my other post..... (hint, hint). Gonna call this issue resolved, thanks.

Thanks for the feedback, glad it worked, I was adding some new E37 OS's last week so I'll be sure to update the others to include the limiter.
    E39 is a different kettle of fish, but your hint has been acknowledged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12