Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LB7 / LLY Injector assignment dispute

Default LB7 / LLY Injector assignment dispute

Hi All,

For quite some time now we've had people saying the DVT controls for injector shut off's are assigned to the wrong injectors. I've had yet another look at this today, I've come up with an alternative, but somehow we need someone to be able to confirm my table is the correct assignment.
    On the left is what we currently have, on the right is what cylinder number 'might' be the correct assignment.

If anyone can somehow confirm this on a truck it would be greatly appreciated.

DVT Name
    Injector #4 = #5
    Injector #8 = #8
    Injector #3 = #1
    Injector #6 = #3
    Injector #5 = #6
    Injector #1 = #2
    Injector #7 = #8
    Injector #2 = #7

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Ross, is this what you came up for the LLY? I just checked my LB7 this week and found that the DVT numbers are correct to witch cylinder is actualy turned off.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Ross, is this what you came up for the LLY? I just checked my LB7 this week and found that the DVT numbers are correct to witch cylinder is actualy turned off.
    Well, I don't know then, why are people contacting us saying it's wrong? On all Duramax's I believe.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

The only one that I have heard that was a problem was LLY, but I don't think anyone has actualy confirmed right or wrong with actual testing other than just swapping parts. I tested the LB7 with a scope. Maybe the problem is the balance rates possibly being reported wrong for what cylinder is witch and not the actual DVT tab?
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Well, I clearly remember people saying they swapped out good injectors because the injector number they shut down on the DVT's turned out not to be the bad one. I suppose we'll just let this thread run it's course and see what pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Well, I clearly remember people saying they swapped out good injectors because the injector number they shut down on the DVT's turned out not to be the bad one. I suppose we'll just let this thread run it's course and see what pops up.
    It was Ben with his LLY that said he had problems with the wrong injector being shut-off. I can try and go down this week and check my balance rates on my LB7 with EFILIVE and then recheck it with a TECH2 and see if they coincide.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

I have a lly and balance rates work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonck View Post
    I have a lly and balance rates work fine.
    They work, but it is in question as to wether or not the injector assignment is correct and if the EFILIVE data is reading teh correct cylinder for the balance rate.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

I don't want to argue, but I used the balance rates to change an injector that had bad rates. I had high rates + 7 or 8 on injector 7, changed it out and it was good after that and still is. So it worked fine for me.

I had tried using the DVT's as well to determine which injector was bad, but that didn't work for me. This is what others found too if I am not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonck View Post
    I had tried using the DVT's as well to determine which injector was bad, but that didn't work for me. This is what others found too if I am not mistaken
    Correct, the balance rate display is not in question, never was as far as I know, it's the DVT injector assignment to shut them off that is the possible issue.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast