Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LB7 / LLY Injector assignment dispute

yes, that is what I encountered and others encountered from my readings.

I went back and reread Ben's post and seen where he said he couldn't get a good read on balance rates so he went to shutting them. I thought he had posted about a high balance rate on that one and that was why he was hutting it off. My bad, I misunderstood his post on it.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

The 3 injectors I have changed after checking them by shutting them off 1 by 1 have all been correct. All were on LB7's.
    Signature

is it possible that the confusion is in the firing sequence vs cylinder number? efilive is displaying one while the tech2 is displaying the other

Quote Originally Posted by Pusher View Post
    The 3 injectors I have changed after checking them by shutting them off 1 by 1 have all been correct. All were on LB7's.
    That is good to know. I think we might just leave them as is.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I used the DVT controls to pinpoint which injector was bad by shutting them off one at a time until it stopped rattling so bad, worked for me? I do know that sometimes it reads all zeros for balnce rates even idling??? But the Tech II did the same thing???? Can an injector go so bad it won't read or let any others read?
    2001 Chevrolet K2500HD Duramax
    Suncoast SCIV 1056
    Kennedy twin lift pumps
    Billet pick up
    MBRP 4" exhaust
    Air intake horn mod
    ARP head studs
    A few more go fast/truck pulling goodies!
    Tuned with EFI
    12.65 @ 107 1.71 60'

I still can't believe that nobody with an LLY has chimed in yet? The LB7's weren't in question as far as I knew, but LLY's were.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I still can't believe that nobody with an LLY has chimed in yet? The LB7's weren't in question as far as I knew, but LLY's were.

X2

As people can see here, someone with a scope has verified that that the LB7's are in the correct order in EFI.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/...t=27243&page=6

At this point we need someone with a scope to verify the DVT cylinder shutoff order for an LLY since that was the one that appeared to be causing the issues Ben was seeing at the start of the thread.

Spent a few hours last night figuring this all out. It is more complicated than any of us even thought. It has no correlation to firing order. I'm going to discuss things with Cindy and Ross first and see if they can fix it before me wasting time posting how and what we found, only for them to fix it and make it a non-issue.

Thanks for the time spent to clarify this problem. Looking forward to the fix.
    04 LLY EFIlive, diamond eye, 4" stack, 235 85 16 airdog 150, KnN FIPK, SCIV 1058, dual trans coolers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast