Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LB7 / LLY Injector assignment dispute

Lifetime Member

I would like to know what you found.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

It's been a while since the mystery was solved, any word on if the software will be revised or someone will let us know what the real table is for an LLY?

Quote Originally Posted by mtl_dmax View Post
    It's been a while since the mystery was solved, any word on if the software will be revised or someone will let us know what the real table is for an LLY?
    x2...

I'm still not convinced an issue exists. The LB7 guys are saying it works perfect, the commands sent for cylinder disable are the same on every GM controller, so if the LLY is shutting off a different cylinder to what the LB7 does then I don't know how we can fix that. But without confirmation that is actually happening we can't progress.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hi Ross, that's fine if you can't fix it in the software, but having the table to translate it properly would help tremendously. It seems clear to me and others that for some reason when you shut off cylinders on an LLY with EFI (only on the LLY's), it does not correspond to the physical cylinder yet when the same request is given by a Tech 2, the order is correct. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I can't speculate why this might be. While both the ECMs on the (E60) LLY and (E54) LB7 are made by Delphi and both the FICMs are Bosch, I can only surmise that there must be a difference somewhere causing this to happen. It has certainly been well documented that the LB7 and LBZ are correct in the DVT and I thought both Ben and Dustin (among others) found evidence that the LLY's aren't.

Here's another example of where it didn't correspond to the DVT in EFI (on an LLY):
    http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/show...3&postcount=46

Can you at least share what was found so that we might be able to assist with a solution?

Thanks in advance for your work on this issue.
    Last edited by mtl_dmax; April 24th, 2012 at 01:18 AM.

I have the same question about the lb-7 I got a bad #4 injector according to efilive balance rates so I got a new injector and replaced it and the balance rates are still the same and still has a hard ( extended) start same as before I replaced the second injector from the front on the drivers side I'm wondering if it is the fourth in fireing order which would be number 8.

Would like some info on this before I tear into it again

Quote Originally Posted by Hustlin diesel View Post
    I have the same question about the lb-7 I got a bad #4 injector according to efilive balance rates so I got a new injector and replaced it and the balance rates are still the same and still has a hard ( extended) start same as before I replaced the second injector from the front on the drivers side I'm wondering if it is the fourth in fireing order which would be number 8.

Would like some info on this before I tear into it again
    The LB7 order should be correct in EFI so if you still have bad balance rates it must be another reason. It certainly sounds like you also located the proper injector too. You didn't mention if the balance rate was positive or negative but if it's positive, then I would do a compression check and see if you have any mechanical issues causing your poor balance rate. Also if you are having trouble starting the truck you need to verify that you are building at least 1450 psi (preferably alot more) while cranking. If you're not building pressure then you need to figure out why.

It's taking a long time before it hits 1400 psi as soon as it reaches 1400 it fires right up. Balance rate is +5.33 ish while all the others are within +- 1.5

There is also some white smoke and it has more injector rattle when your driving so it must be an injector causing this

Do a return rate test, balance rates is but a SMALL part of the story, and shouldn't be used definatively to find a bad injector.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast