Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LB7 / LLY Injector assignment dispute

Not very easy doing a return rate test on the lb7's tho unless you do 4 at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Hustlin diesel View Post
    Not very easy doing a return rate test on the lb7's tho unless you do 4 at a time
    You pretty much need the KENT MOORE kit to do it. I know my local dealer lets me use theres as I buy my injectors from them in return.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Hey guy i am new to the forum and was looking to get a efi live for my lb7s and one of my friends told me i should talk to THEFERMANATOR to get a efi live. i am sorry if i am posting in the wrong place i will learn how to use this forum soon..
    If you can let me know on how to get one let me know.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Hfg Trucking; December 26th, 2012 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    You pretty much need the KENT MOORE kit to do it. I know my local dealer lets me use theres as I buy my injectors from them in return.
    Seems like you could rig something up to test the injector banks but I have no idea how you would test individual injectors on the LB7 since the return lines are under the valve cover. Sounds like you'd need some 100ml graduated cylinders and then get creative on how to attach the return lines (doesn't need to be pretty). I know I've done it on LLY+ trucks without the KM tool ($$$) but I would think you could at least get a return per bank on the LB7 (even a total injector return would be ok to indicate an issue......8 injectors returning less than 40 ml for 15 secs cranking). Maybe I'm missing something though.

Here's the procedure for it:
    http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/1270490-post10.html

You should be able to isolate the return from the injection pump too:
    http://www.merchant-automotive.com/i...0609_00001.jpg

The OP may also want to replace one of the rubber lines after the filter head with a temp clear vinyl hose to make sure you have good fuel supply (ie no air bubbles and hose doesn't collapse).
    Last edited by mtl_dmax; December 29th, 2012 at 12:58 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234