Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFI live tune will not open documents

Default EFI live tune will not open documents

My computer came down with a virus several months ago, and I was able to get all my document up and running except EFI live tune. When I go to open EFI Live tune I get a prmp that says :

Error
    Cannot create file
    "C:\Users\Jared\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\cal_favorites.txt".Access is denied

I have version 8.1.2 build 84

I am not to computer savy but I tried to reload the some of my tunes that I had saved on email, and EFI Live would give the same errorr. Any help is greatly appreciated. I dont even know where to start.

It sounds like you have an issue with filesystem permissions on your machine. When you had the virus you didn't "recover" your system by doing a System Restore did you? The reason I ask is I've had personal experience with that causing permissions related issues for me. In this instance it is typically easier and more reliable to reload Windows on the laptop/PC from scratch. This would be especially true if you aren't (by your own admission) too computer savy.

The option to attempt first however is to download the latest software (your version is seriously old and now unsupported). When installing right-click on the installer and select Run as Administrator - that may help.

See these guides for ore details on software and firmware updates:
    - Software updates DO NOT perform the Check for Update process; there are issues with that presently
    - Firmware updates

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Andrew thanks for the reply!

Just to confirm a few things. When I upgrade to the new software, and firmware will my previous tunning files update on there own to work with the new updates?

Also is this the software I should update too?

Download EFILive V7.5.7 Build 180

and do I download this as well:

Download EFILive V8.2.1 Build 170

Those are the correct versions. Your actual tune/calibration files don't need to be updated at all.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Having the same trouble with my computer. Tonight down loaded the newest versions and still no luck. Any help will be appreciate, thanks

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 96j View Post
    Having the same trouble with my computer. Tonight down loaded the newest versions and still no luck. Any help will be appreciate, thanks
    So you had a virus and now have the same error message as the OP? If so, you might have to do a full Windows re-installation, System Restore is good, but not great. In my experience with Windows (a pretty decent amount), if you get a serious virus then your machine will always have some weird issue. Might not present itself today, or even in 6 months, but it will pop its ugly head up eventually. Besides a fresh Windows 7 install takes about 15 minutes if you have your data backed up.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

ok thanks for the help will try that tonight.

I never ended up downloading the version you said Andrew. What version should I download now, as its been a few months. I went to downloads, and it said do not download build 209 if you have not downloaded build 204.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrad12381 View Post
    I never ended up downloading the version you said Andrew. What version should I download now, as its been a few months. I went to downloads, and it said do not download build 209 if you have not downloaded build 204.

Thanks
    Uninstall your V7 and V8 software, and manually download/install V7 build 209 and V8 build 200...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    then, if your current V2 firmware is version 2.07.xx update the bootblock and firmware, otherwise post here before proceeding;

and then you will also need to program the BBx config.

Lifetime Member

I have seen a post like this before here I think. Seems like it was a registry error or conflict. I do not believe it was ever the EFILive software issue. I suggest google for something like ' pdf file not opening '. Do you have the latest adobe acrobat installed? If not uninstall what you have and then do a full reboot. then install the newest version and try again.
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast