Thread: Problems with custom tunes

Default Problems with custom tunes

With EFI Live, I am having trouble getting the custom built tunes to open with EFI Live Version 8. Instead of seeing the EFI Live icon by the file name when I try to save it, all I see is a "blank paper" by the file extension name. Any ideas?

Do you have the latest verision of efilive? Possibly it is a version from the release candidate running a .ctz ext...tell your tuner to save it in a .tun
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

I downloaded the most updated version, but I could try to do that again. The tuner sent me 4 files. Two of the files were in 7.5 and two were in version 8. The two with 7.5 were able to be saved and flashed fine. The TCM with version 8 I was able to save, but not the DPS5 file with the tunes. All I see is blank sheet of paper on the attachment, and it prompts me to choose a program to open it with when I try to open it. Even if I choose EFI V8 it still does not work.

Lifetime Member

What is the file extension of that file you cannot read?
    If it is *.ctz like mentioned it will require the full uninstall of what you have and the install of the beta release software. Or the better option for now till it is public released with less bugs is have the tuner to resend it to you in a format you can use with current installed software. I recommend getting it in a format you can use.

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1 View Post
    What is the file extension of that file you cannot read?
    If it is *.ctz like mentioned it will require the full uninstall of what you have and the install of the beta release software. Or the better option for now till it is public released with less bugs is have the tuner to resend it to you in a format you can use with current installed software. I recommend getting it in a format you can use.

Brian
    I got the tunes loaded. Now I am trying to figure out how to get the edge cts to be able switch tunes. I have the EFI Live turned on in edge. Trying to figure out how to do the steps with efi liveto switch to serial

Lifetime Member

First to confirm its a 2004.5 to 2005 LLY and not a 2006 LLY. If 2004.5 to 2005 LLY then you need to have the tuned configured to serial mode versus hardwired mode. Its under the DSP section under DSP Switch. make the change, save it, and flash it to the ECM.

Brian
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1 View Post
    First to confirm its a 2004.5 to 2005 LLY and not a 2006 LLY. If 2004.5 to 2005 LLY then you need to have the tuned configured to serial mode versus hardwired mode. Its under the DSP section under DSP Switch. make the change, save it, and flash it to the ECM.

Brian
    It's a 2005 LLY. Where do find a step by step of toying with dps5? I cannot find the dps anywhere in 7.5 or version 8.

I see u r in Indiana. I am right down the road at FT Knox, KY. Just got back from a year long deployment to Afghanistan.

Lifetime Member

Been down that way a few times. Thank you for your service to our country and hope everyone else makes it back.

You need to open your DSP tune in the V7.5 tune software and in the DSP section is one called DSP switch.

Brian