Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: T43 TCC Desired Slip and Adaptive Pressure

Kris,

Install the latest V7/V8 software, you will find that there are some new tables.

Quote Originally Posted by picnic_george View Post
    My friend is tuning a 2011 camaro a6 with a 3200 yank converter and this seems to be a big issue. He's using HPT and he wants me to take a look at it. I have never used HPT nor do I know anything about these transmissions. Seems like some of you guys use HPT to tune the transmission for a converter

Can anyone tell me what tables to look at and adjust? I tune my own car and a couple others with EFIlive but this is over my head for sure. It can't be that difficult(I hope)... I would assume, it's just engagement and line pressure isnt it?

Thanks for the help
    Kris
    Take a look at my previous post #11 in this thread. That shows the tables to look at along with a basic walkthrough of the changes I did to mine. Same priciples will apply but may be slightly different numbers for your application. I had to use HP at the time so those are the tables I used in HP. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Kris,

Install the latest V7/V8 software, you will find that there are some new tables.
    I haven't plugged efilive into as I don't know if I should spend another $100 on license when it's already hooked up to hpt. Don't get me wrong I love EFIlive and I have no reason to switch.
    I'm also upset that this jackass threw a 3200 stall in a stock convertible camaro that is being used for nothing more than putting around in.

Quote Originally Posted by Longslyde View Post
    Take a look at my previous post #11 in this thread. That shows the tables to look at along with a basic walkthrough of the changes I did to mine. Same priciples will apply but may be slightly different numbers for your application. I had to use HP at the time so those are the tables I used in HP. Good luck!
    Ya I saw that and it was helpful I'll try it out. Are those the only numbers you messed with?

Are you using efilive now to do it?

Thanks

I did not try the new tables in EFIlive yet myself since I haven't had another unit to tune as of yet. If he has HP, then those 4 tables should fix his issue. You'd have to burn a license if you use efi to take care of it so if he's on HP now then use those 4 tables. (NOT plugging HP guys, I'd rather tune with EFI by far!) I will be trying EFI's table next round for sure...

Thank you very much. You've been a better help than I found over there. Which is another reason to stick with efilive. You guys here have always been helpful and for that I appreciate it.

And always Joe, thank you for helping if I get another chance to mess with a a6 I'll check it out. It's just something I got thrown into because I tune some ls cars.

Kris

Hi, I am new to the forum and have a torque converter noise when going into lockup it sounds like it is slipping bad (growl) the converter is a TCI 3000 stall 389 gears in rear 430hp and 400ftlbs at tires any help would be great!!!!!
    Last edited by tpage; July 27th, 2012 at 04:15 AM.

Are you sure the TC bolts have not loosened...?

If the TCC is slipping you can try setting the minimum TCC pressure high (I'm not sure if your TCM has this table)...

but in anycase, TCC slippage is a physical problem.

On the camaro we were doing, played with all those settings listed(not that it matters in this case being as it HPT). But we had some funny sounds even though it felt great. Had the clutch lock up a little higher on the mph and it went away. It may not have even been the converter making the noise it could have been drone from the headers/exhaust on the car. I think it probably was the converter though. It was very minor but probably not ok for a brand new car to have that issue. Car seemed great after that...

I've noticed on the 2011 Camaro's that we have no TCC pressure table's. Would love to see that added to hold the converters. Deleting the slip table's helps but not enough.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345