Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T43 TCC Desired Slip and Adaptive Pressure

Default T43 TCC Desired Slip and Adaptive Pressure

Ok. I know I'm beating a dead horse and I'm not looking to get flamed on here....but, Since we do not have the required tables needed to set TCC desired slip to 0 in the T43, Has anyone figured a work around to get an aftermarket converter to stop pulsating? I've tried upping the TCC pressure ramps and it helps, but it still is pulsating. I've spent huge dollars on this trans and coverter setup and I don't want to see it get smoked. I know it just a matter of time. I've read the other thread about t43 development and it doesn't look promising at this point.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Have someone with hptuners set the pwm and flash it. Unfortunately, that's all you can do. Or disable lockup all together which would suck but it'd be a safe way to prevent premature lockup damage until you can get it tuned.

Thanks for the info Rhino ... That about what I expected. I ordered the "other" tuner yesterday. My transmission won't wait on hopes of getting better T43 support. Take care!

My experience is that if you use EFI live v8 to do a full reflash of the transmission then the Desired slip table gets zeroed out. I went into HP Tuners and the table was all 0s. So you may be able to get around the issue with a full reflash but keep your same tune

Thanks for the info. I just adjusted it with HP and got rid of the constant 100-150 rpm surge prob. But I still get a slight 100rpm slip whenever I move the throttle slightly. it will slip about 100 rpm while the pedal is being moved then lock when held steady. Anybody else have this issue and sorted it out? I would like it to hold on light acceleration.

Also, when the converter goes into lock up, it takes a long ramp time to lock. Like 2-3 seconds. I'm sure due to it being a stall converter. I've set TCC ramp tables to max hoping that would help but no joy. I've tested the converter's holding power by manually locking it in DVT and it holds great so it's definitely a tuning issue? Any idea what tables would help with quicker lockups? Thanks in advance guys!

Set the pwm to like 98-99% on the min max pwm and it should lock fully. It will either be locked or unlocked. Also when you do this you'll need to bump the ramps back down some. I usually bump the ramps up some bit pwm should be 98 min 99 max to allow full lock.

What tables are you reffering to for PWM? I gotta be overlooking them if they are shown. Thanks Rhino!

i have a circle'd stage 3 3600 converter. had it for over 2 years, i have no problems locking it at wot and only see less than 5rpm in slip.

my tables are stock. i've found that increasing the tcc lock pressure rates just results in harder shifts between gear changes when the converter is locked.

more noticable at low rpm and cruise
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; January 26th, 2012 at 03:30 AM.

Thanks Tre, but I do not want the converter to lock at all at WOT. I also do not have it set to stay locked on shift.It will come out of lock (slip about 100-150 rpm) on the slightest increase of the throttle pedal, then lock when that movement stops. Quite annoying really. I know it's not good for the converter in the long run, and just makes more heat. Being this is a 4WD crew cab truck, I do not want this truck to lock at wot. I just need to set the pwm in this 6l80e but i do not see the table for that. I gotta be overlooking it.

They should be in HP.....min and max slip % pulse width modulation

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast