Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: T43 TCC Desired Slip and Adaptive Pressure

I am posting this for info that will come in handy as soon as the tables get released for EFI live. Since I have both tuners, I felt it was proper to share this info with people that need keep their aftermarket converters alive. To do this procedure, we are going to need the following tables at a minimum:

TCC Pressure Regulator Offset
    TCC Pressure Regulator Gain
    TCC Adapt Min
    TCC Adapt Max

Video of how it works:

This is a copy of a post I made:

Anyone with an aftermarket converter must read on... I am now 100% confident my converter will not fail due to slippage now.
    I've been fighting with the fact that my converter would go in and out of lockup under even slight throttle. It would lock then under power would slip 150-200 rpm. I knew this was not going to be good in the long run. Through many logs and trial and error, I have found the solution.
    I did not disable TCC adapt. Make it work for you. I set the minimum to 0psi and max to +100psi. Set TCC Regulator Offset to the value that you want to be the "minimum" Line pressure, then set TCC Regulator gain to "1.0". In my case, I set the offset to 90psi. I might get by with lower PSI but this is what I chose to run with at this time. It will now lock instantly with no ramp time. that was a problem I had also. It would just Sliiiiiide into lock. In my logs, when in lockup, it will not drop below 90psi and under movement of the throttle, and it will take the pressure up to 109.9psi (max) then back down as needed but not lower than the offset setting. 0 slip on the converter the whole time.
    This has NOT been tested with WOT TCC apply enabled. I personally do not believe in locking the converter on wide open throttle, especially with a supercharger. Just my 2 cents, not looking to get flamed on that comment.
    For those wondering, taking the regulator gain to 0 will just make the line pressure maxed out constantly. Taking it to "8" will keep if from locking at all. The higher the number in this area, the lower the TCC line pressure will go. I felt constant max pressure was not needed for my application, but feel free to do what you wish.
    I hope this helps people out there who have the same problem I had. I had been searching for this answer for months. Take care guys!

These tables cannot be that hard to add. Come on Ross and Paul, you guys are losing market share and future petrol customers to HP Tuners. These people may never come back. Please make these TCC slip tables priority 1. Even if it just means sending a new cal file to hold us over.

2013 Corvette Grand Sport A6 heads/cam/boost coming
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    Vararam, EFI Live tuned, Cruising in 4 cylinder mode, hauling on 8.
    2000 Pewter Ram Air Trans Am M6 heads/cam 508 rwhp/445 rwtq SAE Mods list, Idle Sound Clip, WOT video, 183.092mph video
    2008 GMC Yukon Denali XL 6.2L K&N FIPK, variable valve timing tuned to the max w/EFI Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick G View Post
    These tables cannot be that hard to add. Come on Ross and Paul, you guys are losing market share and future petrol customers to HP Tuners. These people may never come back. Please make these TCC slip tables priority 1. Even if it just means sending a new cal file to hold us over.
    Patrick, 'losing market share' is an interesting concept on a 6 year old TCM, sorry, but that segment probably reached saturation years ago as far as workshops go. It just doesn't seem to work like that anyway, we hear from many people fed up with HPT's support level for the E38 & E67, lack of VVE, waiting months on end for the '2 bar' OS's to appear (which have issues anyway), fed up with the cumbersome VIN licensing issues for all the vehicles covered by those ECM's. I won't go on, but the point is they just put up with it because they are locked in and are reluctant to change. Have you been following THIS thread BTW?
    I am not suggesting that because the T43 is a six year old controller we have walked away from it, what I am trying to say is that EFILive has to make decisions on where it assigns it's R&D time. We are never going to keep every customer happy unless we employ a team of sweat shop engineers to work 24hrs a day to keep churning this stuff out at the rate everyone would like, as if we were GM.
    The thread I linked to above clearly shows we didn't give up on the T43 shifting issues, in fact we approached it from a different way of thinking. Rather than throw at you 100 TCM tables with things that nobody really understands, the whole transmission can be 'fixed' with some small tweaks in the ECM. I know this doesn't apply to the slip tables you've asked about, I'm just pointing out that the 'we need more tables' approach is not always the case just because other tuning companies may have taken that path.
    To finish off, NOTHING is easy on the T43, nothing! We've had the TCC slip tables on the to do list for a while.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I, as well as many others, are totally appreciative of what efilive does offer. I think it's good that people are so passionate on efilive getting support for one item or the other. In this case the T43. This means people want what they think is the best tuner equipment to be better. After all, no one would bother to post if they didn't care right? Kudos to EFILive!
    I know this T43 thing is a pain in the a** for you guys and I'm happy that you guys are not giving up on it. I think there is going to be a boom on this controller though in the near future. One thing I get from customers around this area is they do not want to touch their transmission or engine for that matter until warranty has run out. That 5yr/100K miles for most people. That narrows the customer base greatly right now but it will continue to grow from this point on. Not to mention the fact that only EFI live can tune the t43 separately from the ecm so the street rod market can work with these transmissions even if they retro another controller for the engine. I'm already getting people asking to do these swaps since there is finally some used stuff out there to mod.
    I bet the Cummins diesel market continues to grow after 5 years too after they come out of warranty. I know there's a bunch of guys like myself that will go into a newer vehicle with warranty on it and deal with whatever circumstances arise from that. But there are many guys who spent $45K-$60K on their truck that aren't going to touch it either. It's the used truck buyers that will probably end up being the ones to tune it 3-5years from now. So just because a particular product isn't current, doesn't mean it's not going to be current for the tuning market.
    Thanks again for all you guys do. Vehicles are my passion and your product makes it all the more enjoyable!

I have been asking for the same thing. It may be a 6 year controller to EFI but I tune more of them than any other trans controller. It may be 6 years old BUT more people are tuning these than a 2012/2013 vehicle. Your always going to be behind times on what most shops tune the most of. I dont think its fair that we spent thousands of dollars on a stream but since its older cant get the support we need. I already know I will tune more 2011's than 2012's in the next few months. Its hard to convince someone with a 2006-2012 vehicle to buy EFI Live and then tell them they also need HPT if the plan on an aftermarket converter in.
    EFI Live may hear people complaining about HPT but guess what, that means they already bought HPT. Both software's have there pro's and con's but HPT seems to do better at marketing and selling in my opinion. I havent ever heard HPT tell anyone go buy EFI Live to change something since we wont support it.
    I need a new V2 in order to tune dodges, I am still on the fence about spending any more money with EFI. I am not the only one in the same boat.
    I know they see dollar signs with dodge but dont forget about the dollars the gas guys already spend.

I agree with Patrick and it's known. This is an old controller but it's still a big market over here and we have little control to make these right. A ton of people are adding superchargers and torque converters and while we have great control on the motor the tranny tune is pretty much ,crap.

I know I've sent files that were modded somewhere else to fully lock the converter and that Jesse has given files to improve these transmissions. We need full converter lock/slip control, the 11's TM control and the 12's completely.

Not blaming anyone at EFIlive, just voicing the fustration on this side. I want to produce the best tunes for our customers and right now the tranny tunes are not as good as they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by slowhawk View Post
    I agree with Patrick and it's known. This is an old controller but it's still a big market over here and we have little control to make these right. A ton of people are adding superchargers and torque converters and while we have great control on the motor the tranny tune is pretty much ,crap.

I know I've sent files that were modded somewhere else to fully lock the converter and that Jesse has given files to improve these transmissions. We need full converter lock/slip control, the 11's TM control and the 12's completely.

Not blaming anyone at EFIlive, just voicing the fustration on this side. I want to produce the best tunes for our customers and right now the tranny tunes are not as good as they can be.
    x2.......

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Jesse has given files to improve these transmissions.
    Not true, it hasn't happened.

Well, I'm not trying to avert blame away from us, there's just one of me though, doesn't matter what controller I work on someone isn't going to be happy, just how it is.
    I would certainly ask that you try the new tables in RC10 for the ECM torque modelling. Funny thing, before RC10 was released I sent the new .calz files with the torque models off to a few people (a number of the vocal ones) and haven't heard a peep back, kinda leaves me scratching my head. Only a few people bothered posting how much better things were since with the trans since playing with them.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Not true, it hasn't happened.

Well, I'm not trying to avert blame away from us, there's just one of me though, doesn't matter what controller I work on someone isn't going to be happy, just how it is.
    I would certainly ask that you try the new tables in RC10 for the ECM torque modelling. Funny thing, before RC10 was released I sent the new .calz files with the torque models off to a few people (a number of the vocal ones) and haven't heard a peep back, kinda leaves me scratching my head. Only a few people bothered posting how much better things were since with the trans since playing with them.
    I've tried the new ECM torque modeling tables on 6 different tunes. Compared with my best previous TCM tunes, I think there has been some incremental improvements, but time will tell. I've experimented with different tranny settings in the past and had decent initial results, but once the adaptives took over, the tunes weren't as good. I've spent 5 years trying to perfect the 6L80 tuning. This is why I've been tight lipped about the new tunes with the torque modeling. The initial results are positive, but I need some more feedback from the customers out in the field. If I say it's the best thing going based on initial good results, then later find out it's not so hot, I may lead dozens of tuners down the wrong path.

But again, the torque modeling tables still do not address my 6L80 clients with high stall torque converters. They are miserable at 40-45mph with the constant pulsing of the TCC. Locking and unlocking. Locking and unlocking. Makes my TCM tune look like it was done by a beginner. All I was asking for was one very simple table. A TCC slip table. I hate looking like a hack. This table is sorely needed.

2013 Corvette Grand Sport A6 heads/cam/boost coming
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    Vararam, EFI Live tuned, Cruising in 4 cylinder mode, hauling on 8.
    2000 Pewter Ram Air Trans Am M6 heads/cam 508 rwhp/445 rwtq SAE Mods list, Idle Sound Clip, WOT video, 183.092mph video
    2008 GMC Yukon Denali XL 6.2L K&N FIPK, variable valve timing tuned to the max w/EFI Live.

But again, the torque modeling tables still do not address my 6L80 clients with high stall torque converters. They are miserable at 40-45mph with the constant pulsing of the TCC. Locking and unlocking. Locking and unlocking. Makes my TCM tune look like it was done by a beginner. All I was asking for was one very simple table. A TCC slip table. I hate looking like a hack. This table is sorely needed.
    Sorry Patrick, I wasn't suggesting the torque model was going to fix everything, I can understand the TCC problems will not be fixed with these tables.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast