Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: auto cal tune file program problems

Default auto cal tune file program problems

i got my tune files saved to my auto cal but when i go to prog 1 or 2 either one i get a $0502 code can anyone help

You have to program all the necessary files to your AutoCal's config space;

from the V8 S&T program, goto BBx, click the down arrow next to the Program button and click Program All.

I am having the same issue. I did what you said, and still have the problem. Starting to get annoyed with this...

Many of us are having this issue...i believe Paul is working on it.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Glad to hear this is getting fixed. I can pull my tune from the car via the pass-through capability only. The tuner never worked by itself. I sent the file to my tuner, he adjusted it, and I tried uploading it. Now I get "*.ctd files is not registered to this Autocal device". How can this be since it is the tune I sent him?

He needs to "save tune file for remote flashing"...Also, the autocal needs to be "linked" to his V2... Passthrough works properly on ours in house as well.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

We keep getting $050B over here. Done everything possible to correct it. Waiting to see if Paul has a fix for it yet.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Hi Everyone,

The errors $0502 and $050B reported in this thread are not being worked on by me or anyone. Those errors are almost certainly caused by incorrect AutoCal setups.

$0502 is "Script file not found". That simply means the *.obj file required to flash the selected controller has not been downloaded to the AutoCal device.
    You can use the EFILive Scan And Tune software to automatically update your AutoCal or you can download the appropriate file(s) manually.
    I'll describe the manual process, because if you have a good understanding of the process and what is required you will be able to easily solve any future occurrences.

For FlashScan or AutoCal to flash a controller in standalone mode it needs at least three files to be copied onto it:
    1. A script file (*.obj) which contains all the instructions required to reprogram a controller. These script file are not to be confused with the scripts that you may use to apply changes to your tunes in the PC based V7.5 software.
    2. A bootloader file (*.blx) which contains the software required to reprogram the flash memory chip(s) in the controller. Note: not all controllers require bootloader files. LBZ, LMM, CMB and CMC controllers do not require boot loaders.
    3. A tune file (*.ctz) which contains your calibration changes.

Script files are named like this: XXX_T.obj where
    - XXX is the controller code such as LBZ or CMB,
    - T is the type of script and is one of: R for reading, W for cal flashing and F for full flashing.
    So if you were attempting to full-flash a Cummins 5.7 controller the script file would be CMB_F.obj

The bootloader files are named like this: XXX_T.blx where
    - XXX is the controller code such as LBZ or CMB,
    - T is the type of script and is one of: R for reading, W for cal flashing and F for full flashing.
    So if you were attempting to cal-flash an E38 controller the script file would be E38_W.blx

The *.obj and *.blx files can be found on your PC in the folder:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config (for WinXP and Win2K)
    or
    \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config (for Vista and Win7)

You can copy them to FlashScan or AutoCal using EFILive Explorer. They must be copied into the [F9: Config] tab page.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DragAndDrop.png 
Views:	1003 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	12615

The tune file is named whatever you like but should be short enough to be displayed in AutoCal's display (i.e. 8 or less characters).
    Note: there is currently a bug that causes extremely short file names (1 or 2 characters) to not show up on FlashScan's screen - that bug is being worked on).
    Tune file names should also be less than 63 characters in total, including the \EFILive\Tune path prefix.
    Tune files should be copied onto FlashScan/AutoCal in the [F3: Data Files] tab page to the folder: \EFILive\Tune

Error $050B means the script file is the wrong version for the firmware in the FlashScan or AutoCal device.
    Make sure your software is up to date and the the FlashScan/AutoCal firmware is up to date prior to copying any *.obj files to FlashScan or AutoCal.

If anyone is absolutely certain they have copied the correct files to their FlashScan/AutoCal devices and they are still getting $0502 or $050B errors, please post more details in this thread and I will investigate.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks for the help Paul. I had to update update bootblock and Firmware via EFILive Explorer and the $050B is no longer the issue. What's weird is EFILive control panel said both BB and FW were up to date, but in Explorer the FW was still from back in December. Anyway I'm at the $0549 since I don't have a truck to test on, but looks like we are good to go. If the customer reports back with any problems I'll let you know. Thanks again.
    Last edited by dansdieselp; January 28th, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    Thanks for the help Paul. I had to update update bootblock and Firmware via EFILive Explorer and the $050B is no longer the issue. What's weird is EFILive control panel said both BB and FW were up to date, but in Explorer the FW was still from back in December. Anyway I'm at the $0549 since I don't have a truck to test on, but looks like we are good to go. If the customer reports back with any problems I'll let you know. Thanks again.
    Until the release candidate software officially goes "public" the EFILive_HAPI software will not recognize that the firmware needs updating. You must always manually update the firmware using EFILive Explorer.
    The EFILive_HAPI software only detects and reports new firmware if/when the new firmware files have higher version numbers that what is in the FlashScan/AutoCal devices.

Because yo can never program FlashSCan or AutoCal with an earlier version firmware, the firmware version is kept at V2.07.22 during the release candidate process. That means you can move back/forward between the various firmware updates for each release candidate - just in case something goes horribly wrong when you do an update. The only way to know that you have the latest firmware is to check the date of the firmware.

The main thing to understand is that when the release candidate goes public the firmware version will jump to V2.07.23 (or maybe higher). Only then will EFILive_HAPI detect that a new firmware version is available. And once you update to that version there is no going back - so we have to get it 100% right before then. Until then you must manage the release candidate firmware updates manually using EFILive Explorer.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast