Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't even use scanner, please help

Lifetime Member

Default Can't even use scanner, please help

Ok went to update some pids on my BBL and saved it. First off it gave me a $0194 error so i went into program and just selected program selected. It seemed to save it but not the thing is SOOOOOOO slow and can't even use it anymore. I have build 170 and 180, boot block 2.07.03, firmware 2.07.22. I've tried to config it, reformat it, reload all the config files and still the same. Can someone please help.

Lifetime Member

Hmmm took out my sd card and works fine now

Lifetime Member

Ok was wrong now i'm getting the $0185 error and it won't even flash thru my BBF or my PC. Says no option txt where do I get that from. Also get a $0280 error. Won't scan, flash, nothing. Can you please help me out this thing is frustrating me. And under options F3 I think it used to say licensing but now just says About...
    Last edited by pavetim; January 20th, 2012 at 12:27 PM.

Open the V8 S&T software, goto the BBx tab, click the down arrow next to the Program button, click Format Config Filesystem;

then on the BBx Scan tab click Save;
    then on the BBX Tune tab click Save;

then click the down arrow next to the Program button and click Program All.

Lifetime Member

I think I got conflicting firmware or boot block or something. I actually got my DSP5 downloaded on truck now it's acting all fooked up. all the lights come on and it shutters cause the abs lights are on. I tried to redo the cal and now it won't connect to truck again. Can you run thru with me the total way to make sure everything is updated properly so I don't have conflicting software. I'm actually afraid to drive truck now. Thanks.

Lifetime Member

Did everything you said Joe. I even uninstalled, reinstalled, updated and checked for good bootblock and firmware and said everything was ok. Ok i turn key on truck on and everything is ok but as soon as I plug my V2 in it makes dash lights come on and the service brake system basically all the lights that cycle when it's flashing. But then when I go to scan the truck is has $0208 error. I'm at a loss, is my V2 messed up now?

I pm'd Tech Support.

$0208 is not an error I have recorded, was it perhaps a typo?

Please recheck to make sure you download and install the latest software and firmware for your FlashScan V2. Please see these guides for more details:
    - Software updates (DO NOT perform the Check for Updates after the software install as there are issues with this currently)
    - Firmware updates

Is this a new vehicle you're tuning (i.e. have you tuned without issue this vehicle before)? If you getting weird results from just plugging in the V2 it's a little odd. Perhaps something is odd with the OBDII plug wiring?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

If you read the first post it shows the current software i have. What happened is it worked fine but i went to change pids and it ran super slow so I updated the firmware and then all this happneed I learned the running slow was the SD card. I doesnt' run slow anymore but now I have the problems as i've stated. So really stumped. I'ts wierd like before I plugged my V2 in the truck and went to scan and it worked so I ran inside to get my laptop to flash the new dsp and it did the same thing. Thats when i noticed it does all the wierd things when i plug it in. And this is my truckk i've been tuning all along, it just started after I went to updated the firmware and bootblock.. even as passthru it says cannot connect. And the code when I use the BBX is $0280. Ok i went to scan and it went to the pids a few times although the dash lights still came on, and then the last time the error came up. but the dash lights never came on before.
    Not sure if it would cause this but I did do the start menu, then check for updates thing. It found some and did the updates.

Lifetime Member

280 means it can't see the ECM. Check for updates is usually a sure way to make your EFILive install stop working. I'd go back to the downloads page, then download and reinstall both 7.5 build 180 and V8 build 170.

You can probably find the error list at Start => Program Files => EFILive => V8 => Documents. If you're running the release candidate it's on the Help menu of V8 Scan and Tune instead.

Ira

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast