Thread: Look what Calibrated Success has been up to...

Default Look what Calibrated Success has been up to...

Guys, I've gotten a lot of questions and requests for more information about how one gets "good" injector data. Up until this point, the only solution seems to have been to hope it's available from either the OEM (Ford, GM) or injector manufacturer (Bosch, Continental/Siemens) and in the public domain. I went through the exercise to convert the Ford Racing public data from Ford units and pressure into GM units and pressure, and the results are included in the data disc that accompanies my "GM Tuning Beginner's Guide" DVD.

Going a step further, I have been investigating what it would take to generate this data outside of the OEMs. What should the raw data look like? How do you run the test? What equipment is necessary?

So far, I've learned a lot about injector companies in the aftermarket. First and foremost, it showed me that only a couple of them actually have clue 1 about what they're selling. Seriously, this is a SHORT list.

Next, I got to learn about the test equipment available. A lot of places have generic injector flow benches, but this just doesn't cut it as delivered. Even the best digital bench out there today requires some "adjustment" to get useful data. ...but I'm getting close. I'm working closely with one test equipment company to see if we can manipulate their hardware to generate useful CALIBRATION DATA.

http://www.calibratedsuccess.com/inj...asurements.JPG

I still have a LOT left to do, but this graph visually shows the high slope, low slope, breakpoint, offset, short pulse adjust, etc. necessary to derive calibration data. IF this all works out clean, you'll see some new training material from me that will help shop owners willing to make the investment in the hardware how to start doing this too.
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Greg, this should be a fun process! Will be interesting to see how the drilled injectors data stacks up against no drilled as well as characterize injectors in the industry where we have no data!!!!

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

All the injector companies are modifying stock injectors from some source or another. Drilled, not drilled, machined tipped ect..

Greg, i can tell you the way to get some of that other data if it would help you at all. It is purely Actual vs commanded on most of it, and you can get that data pretty easy based on that. Call if you get some time. nice project by the way, It will help out alot of people.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

hey Greg, looks pretty cool, I've actually be working on a somewhat similar project with injectors too.
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

This is as good a thread as any to add this...

Since I'm in the middle of building my new shop/studio, dealing with a new baby, and processing a pending legal concern with someone who thought it would be a good idea to violate federal copyright laws, I haven't had much opportunity to work on the next DVD. But I did have some smart-assed T-shirts made. Paul Yaw from ID gave his personal stamp of approval, so I guess I must have got the equation right.

These will be available shortly through Summit Racing Equipment. I'll also have a limited number of them with me at the PRI trade show this weekend. Those of you who read the books, paid attention to the DVDs or have been to a live class should appreciate the humor. Thanks again, guys! I promise to have more top notch training material soon.
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.