Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EDGE CS/CTS with EFI for DSP 5 LMM

Default EDGE CS/CTS with EFI for DSP 5 LMM

Hello,

I am just wondering if EFI will or has the ability to use the CS or CTS for a dsp5 switch on the LMM and LBZ trucks? It seems to work good on Lb7. Any info would be appreciated.

The LBZ/LMM Duramax DSP5 custom operating systems do not have the same provision for tune selected outside of a wired PCM input. Naturally we did spend some time on it initially. There are no current plans to revisit implementing external switching for LBZ/LMM DSP5.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Well that sheds some light to my thoughts of switching tunes on my lbz with my edge.

Has EFI Live reconsidered this option of using the Edge CT/CTS to change the tunes on the LBZ/LMMs? Seems like there are a ton of LBZ/LMMs out there and I'd love (i'm sure i'm not the only one) to use my Edge CTS to change my tunes versus the DSP5 regular switch...

Lifetime Member

We will reconsider our stance when GM reconsiders the mechanics of those ECM'S. Effectively we didn't find a way to overcome the hurdles, so the only way it would progress was if the hardware changed...which isn't likely.

Cheers
    Cindy

I'm just breaking in to the market so to speak, but I've seen this question asked in several places and I have my own to ask. If I understand correctly the LMM DSP5 switch circuit reads an analog signal and the Edge Insight communicates serially. Wouldn't a small inline serial to analog converter circuit be a simple thing to set up?

Lifetime Member

When a 01 to 05 tune is set to serial it does not mean it is controlled by a separate circuit in a serial interface. It means the device whether the Flashscan V2 or Edge communicates it through the OBDII interface. To me if you can be able to detect the data sent over the data bus of the switching mode then you could probably create a device to then select the switch output for the pins as an external device. But its way beyond my knowledge if possible.

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

Brian, that does make sense and it would work as a solution.
    I did recently revisit using CAN bus switching for the LBZ/LMM, but the code in those ECM's is such a mess. Not as in Bosch have no idea what they are doing, it's just not written in a way that we can 'break in' and add extra CAN commands so it would accept the switching messages.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Would it make sense if you could have a edge controlled dsp5 switch?

Lifetime Member

It makes sense to control switchable tuning by a hardware device (primarily FlashScan or AutoCal, the use of 3rd party products such as Edge is a secondary consideration), except we could never figure out a way to make it happen. Refer to post 2 and post 5 for further explanation.

Cheers
    Cindy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast