Thread: 06-07 cummins engine conversions (skim)

Default 06-07 cummins engine conversions (skim)

I am new to this forum and to EFI Liive, I have searched post after post for this info and nothing so far help appreciated!

I am excited to see real tuning option for cummins racers and excited to start tuning on them! With EFI Live and cummins is there a (skim) scaler selection in these ECM's 0 disable 1 enable for example?

I have seen people are adding all the components necessary to keep that system in tact but in the interest of clean install with minimal wiring and trip too the dealer to get modules re-programed if necessary, problems with skim later, etc. I believe I have all the necessary components to make the skim system work all from same doner truck key, Key transponder, ECM , PCM all match.

Processor ECM is CM849b 2006 3500 ecm if someone can point me to a thread or give me some incite be greatly appreciated, My goal would be to remove PCM and most of that harness and not have to get a dash harness and deal with transponder key.

I have the manual and have been reading on the system if I have to go with the SKIM system for now is the ECM-PCM-Skim ring and Grey ign key all I will need or does it need to see the cluster? everything is out of the same truck heard if run only thing I would need if skim is unavoidable is a dash harness I believe.

EFILive can disable the theft system in the CMB849B ECM for conversion applications.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank you for clarifying I was pretty sure but did not see it, Now remove the unnecessary wiring and do this swap the way I like, spend some time on my eddy dyno learning! I was so excited when EFI Live was going to do dodge cummins engine tuning, in my experience the little things can make all the difference set tuners apart for good or bad!