Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Still Working on a "Smokeless" tune....

It's basically just boost. Whatever the pressure axis's are in the table, it's MAP minus BARO = Boost and the ECM will reference this value in the table. Wonder if Ross or Paul could create a true boost pid in the ScanTool so I can link it correctly??
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    It's basically just boost. Whatever the pressure axis's are in the table, it's MAP minus BARO = Boost and the ECM will reference this value in the table. Wonder if Ross or Paul could create a true boost pid in the ScanTool so I can link it correctly??
    This would be great if they could find one, then this table wouldnt be as confusing to the newbie like myself.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

I started limiting fuel in low load/low boost situations and all it does is make the turbo spool slower causing the same if not more smoke. Without any limiting once my turbo starts to light it skyrockets on up and cleans the exhaust up.

I guess it's time to start reworking my durations then, I did take the pilot and main durations from a 6.7 and modified them for mine...
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

After realizing that my nozzles that I just installed are not 90's, but more than likely are 150's (yea, that was a smack in the face!) I have been working with Les to iron out my main pulse table. I have to say, tailoring the duration correctly to my mis-matched setup (unintentionally) in-conjunction with fine tuning the boost fuel limiter table, I now have a clean, powerful tune. I'm/we're still refining the boost table to teeter that fine line of smoke and spool..getting closer with every flash though!! It's been a small challenge to tune my "mis-matched" setup, but it would've been a nightmare with any box tuner...
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Texas-for the hell of it, try loading in stock main and pilot timing values and report back...your results may be surprising...
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

I started limiting fuel in low load/low boost situations and all it does is make the turbo spool slower causing the same if not more smoke. Without any limiting once my turbo starts to light it skyrockets on up and cleans the exhaust up.
    I have had similar experience with F0502.

Since I started this thread I have been able to make some good progress. I think a lot of it has been due to adding pressure, and a little to playing with the pilot. I have been working with the boost limiting table the last couple of days. I know that some say that they have really noticed a difference with smoke when adjusting timing, but honestly, I haven't really seen much difference at all. Maybe I'm just that far off
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

With your 64mm and 50hp injectors...you should be really clean all the time except under WOT over 2500rpms...but up until then...the most you should see is a slight haze...and I mean slight.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

With your 64mm and 50hp injectors...you should be really clean all the time except under WOT over 2500rpms...but up until then...the most you should see is a slight haze...and I mean slight.
    That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Talk to FUBAR about his setup...hes got a S363 with what looks to be 120-150hp injectors...and he's pretty much smoke free.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

It's true. One would think 120-150's would smack a S363 in the behind and there be zero lag for zero smoke. That's true to an extent. There are still places in the tune that need critical attention, namely main duration and boost fuel limiter. One thing that needs to be reminded, is the size of the pulse. Everybody knows bigger injectors flow more fuel..duh! But why am I reinstating this? Because chances are, the more conservative you are with the main duration table, the more it's gonna be tailored to your setup vs smoke and lag. Just because you might end up with what seems like a small uS number doesn't mean it's not powerful. It just means you are custom tuning for your setup and getting the air to fuel ratio closer. Yes one needs to load up fuel to build heat to spool, but I find setting the duration table up, then use boost fuel limiter to clean up the residual smoke and minimize the lag time is key. Right now I have zero smoke up to 11psi boost, and a little smoke if I'm mashing on it above that. Other than that it's clean and fairly progressive till the turbo lights. I'm continually refining that point to where the turbo lights vs smoke down low to make it as smooth as a transition as possible. Good stuff!
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast