Thread: Help "No Data Received" error

Default Help "No Data Received" error

I apologize if there is another thread with the same problem as me. But I looked through them all and none seem to fit my issue. Every time I try to program or even reading a tune or calibration. no mater if it ECM, TCM, calibration or full flash. About 19 out of 20 times in the middle of the programing or sometimes before it even starts it will unlock and then say "No Data Received". If I keep trying it will eventually work through V7 V8 or through the actual device, but it all varies. Its just a little scary when it erases and then boots you out and you can't get in. And yes everything is up to date from the drivers to the software and firmware. Is anyone else having this problem?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Does the problem occur on more than just one vehicle?
    Does the problem occur more frequently when you apply gentle pressure to the cable/connectors - i.e. if a connector is marginal then just moving the device or cables may cause a problem.

When you say "up to date" are you using the latest Release Candidate 8 software available here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-8-Jan-06-2012
    If not, it may be worth updating.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I don't know if the problem would occur on multiple vehicles because I only have the one truck. Plus the last time I tried, it made me re-license my VIN when it lost connection and since the calibration file was messed up I didn't really have a choice (I mention this in the second thread I accidentally made, but is there anyway i can restore my second license?). But anyway after I installed the update mentioned above I was only able to program calibrations through the V7. But I was able to do it multiple times even when I moved the cables around. So thank you for giving me a step in the right direction.

2003 LB7 4x4 Ext Cab Short Bed
    Banks Ram Air Intake
    DSP5
    33" Toyo Open Countrys
    16" Moto Metal Rims
    4in. Straight Pipe Exhaust

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lhoran90 View Post
    I don't know if the problem would occur on multiple vehicles because I only have the one truck. Plus the last time I tried, it made me re-license my VIN when it lost connection and since the calibration file was messed up I didn't really have a choice (is there anyway i can restore my second license?). But anyway after I installed the update mentioned above I was only able to program calibrations through the V7. But I was able to do it multiple times even when I moved the cables around. So thank you for giving me a step in the right direction.
    So that we can verify your claim for a replacement VIN license, please send me two files as described below.

File 1:

With your V2 connected, select the menu option: Help->FlashScan V2 / AutoCal VIN licensing...
    Then click on the [Backup] button. That will create a backup of you VIN licenses from the FlashScan device to a file on your PC. The file is called xxxxxxxxxxxx.lbu where xxxxxxxxxxxx is your FlashScan's serial number.
    The file will be stored in the folder:
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 (for WinXP and Win2K)
    or
    \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5 (for Vista and Win7)

File 2:
    Locate the most recent programming (i.e. download) trace *.blx file as described here (under the EFILive V7 Software heading):
    http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...8254-QOGC-9586

Send both files, the *.lbu file and the *.blx file to me at paul@efilive.com with a link to this thread and I will send you a replacement license.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.