Thread: What am i doing wrong?

Default What am i doing wrong?

I finally got my lc1 installed, efi live hooked up and the car ready to run and tune. I went through the calc.vet tutorial (which is awesome by the way). However i have one problem. In my maps i am getting all zero's, so logging is really doing me no good. I have attached my tune and log file, if someone could look at it and help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

btw, the car is a 2002 camaro with headers and full exhaust. then the engine has a cam in it. I have no idea on the specs as it was there when i bought it. I'm trying to get it to idle better. Used some of the tips in the idle tutorial in this forum. One thing is the car didn't start very well when it was hot, so i increased the VE while cranking table by 10% as it was stock before. it seems to have helped. My problem is the car wants to idle high when in gear. When i let off the brake in gear the car takes off and is idling at ~900 rpms, what can i do to help this or correct this issue. 2002_Camaro_default.tunLog_7-20-12_002.efi

Did you enter your engine displacement (Edit->Log File Information, as specified in the Calc.VET thread)...?

Post screenshots of your maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	13545I did enter the engine displacement, however i think i forgot to do that till after i was done logging. Would this affect the logs? Also do i have to enter the displacement ever time i log or will it remember it when i open the .pid and .map files?

thanks

You can add it afterwards... and after adding it save the log file and it will be retained in this log file.

On the Data, Row, Col tabs of the map properties, checkmark Show Units.

Hmm, not sure what the problem was. I went and made sure i changed the size of the engine on the log file info. There was no engine size entered. So i re-entered it and exited and was still showing all zeros. Went back in there changed it again and this time entered engine size, gear ratio and tranny type. Saved it exited and reopened the scan tool. Map showed all zero's so i checked out the log file info and it had the tranny type and gear ratio but no engine size. So i re-entered the engine size again and then finally values populated the map. Not sure why it took me three attmepts at saving the engine size but it is working now. Thank you for the help.

The odd thing is the values on map B for the maf... well they are either .9 or 1. Does seem like the right values in there. i will have to look it over and see what is going on with it.

In the map properties, goto the Cell tab, set the precision to 4 decimal places.