Thread: Anyone know of any tunig issues with 2011 HSV LS3

Default Anyone know of any tunig issues with 2011 HSV LS3

A mate of mine has just changed tuners, he has had his Maloo tuned by a shop using HPT software, at first it was reving too high, poor throttle response, and drove like a dog.

He has gone back, and they have changed a few things, it is better, but when coming to a set of lights or to stop, the revs drop down, it acts like it is missing, then it settles and idles fine, the tuner said he did this to get it to sound lumpy, but we're both a bit confused, he said he has to do the idle across 2 tables, and it is as good as it is going to get, it can change between the 2 tables any quicker.

It is not a big cam, the specs are 226/234 .598/.612 112LSA+2

It is manual also, he also said the E3 is having troubles tuning, but haven't heard that before, he had the stock cam, and was tuned by EFILive without any issus with good power figures for a stock, exhaust and tune only.

Has anyone ever encountered this, or is the information he is saying not quite true?

Sounds like tuning issues and nothing more, tell your mate if he's not happy and the shop can't make it right then go elsewhere.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

He is not happy, and pretty pissed that the tuner said that it is as good as it is going to be. So he has employed the tuner we had before, using EFILive, we never had an issue with his tunes, even mine, being totally different to most things on the road, he got that pretty damn good. But it is hard to find someone that will fit cams and do work, then not get the tuning side, had so many say not interested.

Glad he got it resolved, but I thought it was still a problem for him, sounds like it got fixed weeks ago if he's already been back to the original tuner?
    He shouldn't feel bad, it goes on all the time, customers change shops because they are not happy, yet that shop has plenty of happy customers, just how it is out there.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

He is just waiting for the new tune file to be emailed to him, we don't have a lot of tuners where we are, we are limited to 2 workshops, there have been 3 cars come out of the other workshop with plenty of issues, this is the first time we have tried this one for tuning, their workmanship is top notch, their customer service is great, just having issues with this car being tuned.

Don't know if it is to do the the stock OS they have used, or if they haven't used the right add on tools to help tune it, don't know, I am not an expert in the field, but we never had an issue with EFILive, I had issues with HPT last year when it got tuned after the engine upgrade, the only other garage in town did that one, and it would stall, bad throttle response, idled really high, and knock in WOT.

Is it something they are not doing right with HPT that is causing this? Must be if EFILive is not having any issues with it.