Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashed a 6.7 and now its dead. Help please!

Default Flashed a 6.7 and now its dead. Help please!

Flashed a tune modified from the stock file from this truck. Everything went smooth as far as the load. went to restart and now the truck just clicks the relays for the fuel pump with the key on. No start or turnover at all. get code $0549. it wont recognize the ecm now. it keeps saying the key is off. everything else seems to work off the ignition fine. and this is a 100% stock truck.
    07.5 2500 Dodge Twin Turbos, Dual Pumps, Deleted, 100% over nozzles, Fletcher Bump Stick, and more goodies, Awaiting EFI Live Tuning

05 2500 Chevy Duramax, EFI Live Tuned

01 2500 Chevy Duramax, ZF6, EFI Live Tuned

Lifetime Member

$0549 says it means "Ignition is switched off." Is it possible you blew a fuse?

Ira

yes all fuses have been checked.
    07.5 2500 Dodge Twin Turbos, Dual Pumps, Deleted, 100% over nozzles, Fletcher Bump Stick, and more goodies, Awaiting EFI Live Tuning

In the tune that you made check table E6510 Vehicle Anti-Theft is Enabled not disabled save and reflash. If that does not work refash the OEM stock TUNE back in

ok, this doesn't sound real good, but I don't know why the ECM has ended up like it has.
    When EFILive tells you the IGN is off that means it cannot communicate with the ECM. Perhaps pull the battery power for a few minutes and try again.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    ok, this doesn't sound real good, but I don't know why the ECM has ended up like it has.
    When EFILive tells you the IGN is off that means it cannot communicate with the ECM. Perhaps pull the battery power for a few minutes and try again.
    Tried that. Zach should be forwarding Ross both files.

That would be me
    The Cummins ECM is pretty smart in that if the flash did not complete correctly the vehicle won't start, but then the ECM should also be recoverable in that situation. I have no idea why your ECM has gone off in to space like it has if the flash completed ok. The only time this has happened to us here at EFILive was on a 5.9L ECM, however, that was using Tech Authority with a CarDAQ to flash the ECM, it got to the end of the flash and that was it, it was dead, a factory file with the factory on-line programming tool. I'm afraid to say that ECM could never be recovered.
    This is a long shot here and I would invite other tuners to comment, but I notice on the factory tune for the pilot 1 pulse table, the first row and column are 0. In the tune you flashed in this is not the case. Now this may have nothing at all to do with it freezing, but we have seen some GM ECM's 'lock up' when out of the ordinary values are put in certain tables.
    I hate to say it, but I think you might need to start looking around for another ECM, I'm not sure what else you can try to get it to talk (based on our experience with the 5.9L ECM freezing up).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I haven't looked at the tunes I passed on to you Ross, but it would be interesting to try. I have an ECM here but i'm not sure i want to lose it if that is the case.... I guess I could try putting that tune in it and then if it cooks it, at least we'd know and maybe you could put something in the software to prevent it if that is the problem...? I dunno, just a thought. I might wait until Monday to gamble on it - want to be sure i can get my hands on at least one more of the 6.7 ECMs before i risk cooking this one.
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

We are looking into getting a couple 6.7 ecms. If I can get them for the price we are thinking I will donate one to the cause.

I'd be more than willing to flash the tune in to my 6.7L ECM too, but it's my only test one here too.
    By they way Compcowboy, although this might not have been a failure on the part of EFILive's reflash process, we will give you a free license to reflash a replacement ECM if you have to get one.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast