Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Flashed a 6.7 and now its dead. Help please!

Whos to say we load my factory tune to a new ECM and then we go and load a modded tune only to lock up a new ECM because there is something weird about my factory os or tune? Or is this just a gamble we have to make?
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

My guess is that if you load the factory file fine - then the only cause of failure after that has to be something wrong in the tune - which is what I was going to test if i can get my hands on a second 6.7 ECM.... I only have one good one right now and didn't want to wreck it til i have a backup :-)

So.... i guess there is a gamble, but I really don't think it would be with the Operating System. Ross has it mapped in EFILive, so that means at least one other person besides yourself has used it..... But Ross could correct me there too.... Just my opinion there.
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

If you guys need a 6.7 ecm. I have a source that I can buy one from. Its kind of expensive (400 a piece). But if that's what ya'll want to do, I can get one drop shipped to you.

We were able to pick up another ecm and swapped it in. So far all we have done is change the vin to match his truck. Havent tried flashing his old file to the new ecm yet. still a little gun shy.
    07.5 2500 Dodge Twin Turbos, Dual Pumps, Deleted, 100% over nozzles, Fletcher Bump Stick, and more goodies, Awaiting EFI Live Tuning

05 2500 Chevy Duramax, EFI Live Tuned

01 2500 Chevy Duramax, ZF6, EFI Live Tuned

What ever came of all this? I need to know as I am in the same situation! I removed smarty, read stock file, disabled emissions related DTCs, saved, full flashed to truck, truck turns over, does not start. Tried to reflash original stock file, but efi live will not recognize the key being on and neither will the smarty. I checked fuses, and they are good. Unhooked batteries for a bit, and no change. Am I looking at another ECM here, or did someone figure this out? I have email Ryan at Suncoast my original file and edited file for him to take a look at.

Who wrote your original tune?

Guys, we have found a very serious error with these 'returned to stock' Smarty tunes. Two ECM's went down last night and my own test one this morning in figuring out the problem. The ECM's are not recoverable, you will need a new ECM.
    I am in the process of typing a message alerting everyone with details of the exact issue, in the mean time DO NOT flash any 6.7L ECM that previously had a Smarty tune on it, even if they were supposedly 'returned to stock', they are not being done correctly. Please let as many people as you know who might be affected by this.
    Last edited by GMPX; April 1st, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for the update. That's no good at all. I'm glad I haven't had an issue yet. My last 4 customers were all previous smarty users and 6.7's... WHEEE...

By original tune I mean the "stock tune" that was put back on the truck by the smarty. Looks like I am pretty well screwed at this point though. Where I can get another ECM that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

Damn, I've got two auto cal's about to go out the door, I better see what they're running for tuners currently.
    "I will not keep calm..." -Ryan Milliken
    Hardway Performance

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast