Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Flashed a 6.7 and now its dead. Help please!

Operator- Do you remember what version you had with smarty. I think they have been chaning up some things since efi started getting developed for the 67's.. Just curious if its in one of the latest releases. I know mine and a couple of other local customers were using 23me..

Also, if 400 isn't too high. I know where you can get one. I'll have to check and see if he has them instock. But that's the cheapest I have found...sorry about yours.

I was still running 14me...lol 400 doesn't sound too outrageous. I don't want to sound skeptical, but are they a reliable source? I just don't wanna get screwed outta 400 bucks. Especially not after this. Not trying to insult anyone. I just want to be sure.

I've flashed roughly 10 trucks recently that were returned to stock from Smarty...guess I could call myself lucky! Lol
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Operator62 View Post
    By original tune I mean the "stock tune" that was put back on the truck by the smarty.
    That is the problem, the "Stock Tune" is not that at all, I am attempting to write up a description of the problem now, we may even try to narrow it down to a specific Smarty update.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I was still on 14me. Maybe it's an issue with the older smarty files.

14ME seems to be the culprit so far as i can tell.... At least so far. i'm on the hunt for another ECM so i can get my customers rolling again. Anyone that can help, PLEASE point me to one!! Only need one, would like to have 2.....
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Operator62 View Post
    I was still running 14me...lol 400 doesn't sound too outrageous. I don't want to sound skeptical, but are they a reliable source? I just don't wanna get screwed outta 400 bucks. Especially not after this. Not trying to insult anyone. I just want to be sure.
    Yes sir. I would go so far as to garuantee it myself. I had one of his in my truck for a month while waiting on H&S to give me a new one. Their xrt crashed mine. He loaned it to me till my new one came in. I just called him to see if he has them instock. 400 is my price,so when he calls me I'll get his permission to post his contact info up for you guys. You can go through him directly.

Kory- I'm right there.. My heart dropped when Ross posted that.. Started thinking about who I had to call... I guess I got lucky too..

Ross- Only update I've used for a stock file was 23me.. (smarty update). Everybody else I have asked to visit the dealer for a stock flash. Zach and I did notice one customer that had a really weird stock tune red from an old version of smarty, we decided to use a different OS. It was showing he had a aisin tranny and all kinds of neat stuff..

I REALLY need one! This is on my truck that I drive to work every day.:(

As soon as i get ahold of forest i'll let you know. Or if ur on cf he's drunk on diesel, on compd he is forest nearing.

I know there is people chasing down ECM's for those affected, you should be back on the road again ASAP.

What we know so far, the three trucks that failed were all ones that had been 'returned to stock' by the Smarty programmer.
    All are running the ECM OS number 11720300, two were 14ME, the other 14TNT.
    I don't know their update system, you guys would probably have more idea on how old those are and what they've been replaced by.

As others have noted, there is no issues with the current release and real stock tunes, others are saying that have been using the later Smarty 'returned to stock' files ok as well. Initially we suspected something must have been wrong with our update, however it looks like just a bad co-incidence that three trucks happened to be running the same 14 Smarty release.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast