Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashed a 6.7 and now its dead. Help please!

Stock tune was pulled off my truck, modified, then loaded, only change was the v2 that pulled the file was different then the one we loaded with.
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

I don't know if it applies, but this used to occur quite a bit on the 98-00 CUMMINS ECM's when we would flash them at the dealership. We were told by CUMMINS it was an IC chip problem internal to the ECM.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robs24vCTD View Post
    Stock file was pulled off of my truck, modified then loaded back to my truck. Only thing that was different was the V2 we pulled the file from the truck with and the v2 we loded it with. Both were updated while we were at your class earlier this month at industrial.
    I'm not sure of any reason why 2 seperate V2s could cause a problem... not sure at all. Perhaps I will test this out too... just to see. If both had the same firmware though i can't imagine there would be a problem from one to another....
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Both were updated when we were down for your class at industrial. Looks like my ECM should be in your hands today.
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

I know this doesn't help in this instance. I found that u can loose the ecm in certian instances. I had over the course of nearly two years flashed mine atleast 200 times. Smarty and h&s and back in forth, manual files auto files, diff os's from diff years. Everything with those two tuners i tried. Even stacking them. I finally locked up my ecm when i unplugged my tcm with the truck running. Then shut the truck off and turned the key bk on. Tried to flash a manual file over the auto thag was there. Best i can determine is tbat the ecm was still trying to find the tcm and thats when it locked up. It was unrecoverable and so was the tcm. So maybe there was something in there that it was trying to do or locate that caused it.

Yep looks like the ECM should be here today... i won't lay hands on it until this evening, but i'll be sure to update this thread with any progress (or lack of progress). It'd be sweet if something could come together with it tonight... but if not, hopefully tomorrow when i have my hands on some other equipment I can try some additional things just to see....

Well... no love tonight....

It is interesting though - when the ECM is plugged into the harness but not 'keyed on' - my V2 will power up just like normal when not plugged into the laptop. However, when i flip the switch - at almost exactly 5 seconds, the ECM 'power cycles' which causes the V2 to reboot as well... Forgive the lack of proper naming - but whatever it does at exactly 5 seconds of 'key on' - seems like a reboot to me. Not sure what that is all about.

Anyways, i tried several things just for kicks. Connecting with the Scan tool. Connecting with V8 (trying the different options for reading it) - etc. etc. As well as trying to flash it. Always received teh ingnition switched off error.

Tomorrow, if my day works out right, i will have my hands on some other tools that i will try with the aid of a bench harness and then possibly right in another truck if the bench harness won't work with the tool.... just different things to try and see if it's possible. Got a truck i can put it in and use if absoutely necessary, but got some other things going on tomorrow as well, so time will tell on that. Either way, i'll report back success or failure tomorrow. Not expecting much, but was worth a try.

Also, if i can come up with a 2nd 6.7 ECM, i'll donate my current good one to 'testing' by trying to put that tune in and see. At least that question can be answered. Still not sure what the differences in the tunes were - i haven't opened them yet to look - but it would be a great thing to know.

Think it could be possible that it just has a crazy O.S. that hates life? Also our first read on the truck was with candidate 7, so the tune pulled was with 7 but the tune was modified with 8 and loaded. Just trying to lay it all out there. Thanks again for the help Zach
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

That should have been ok Rob.
    The last major change we did on the 6.7L read was on 2011-Aug-30. Since then there has been minor changes just creeping up on the fastest possible read time.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Should have a new ECM tonight, what do you need to get a license to flash the new ECM to robs file? I can get you the scan tool numbers this evening.
    07.5 2500 Dodge Twin Turbos, Dual Pumps, Deleted, 100% over nozzles, Fletcher Bump Stick, and more goodies, Awaiting EFI Live Tuning

05 2500 Chevy Duramax, EFI Live Tuned

01 2500 Chevy Duramax, ZF6, EFI Live Tuned

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast