Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashed a 6.7 and now its dead. Help please!

Thanks guys, question is, can his stock file and vin be flashed to a new ECM without the need for a dealer or will it have to be reset? Does your reads include injector code information?
    07.5 2500 Dodge Twin Turbos, Dual Pumps, Deleted, 100% over nozzles, Fletcher Bump Stick, and more goodies, Awaiting EFI Live Tuning

05 2500 Chevy Duramax, EFI Live Tuned

01 2500 Chevy Duramax, ZF6, EFI Live Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Compcowboy View Post
    Thanks guys, question is, can his stock file and vin be flashed to a new ECM without the need for a dealer or will it have to be reset? Does your reads include injector code information?
    I have reflashed a stock file into a donar ecm. It was out of an 09 (pre cm2200..). My box tuner locked mine down. In fact I flashed it on two seperate ones.. Got a buddy to loan me his, flashed that one, then when I got my new one. I flashed that one. I know there's something in there on the injectors. But I'm not sure its as big of a deal as most make it out to be. If you have the original scan still intack. I would think that you would be fine. You might download the stock file cindy posted up and try that one first. Just a thought. I know that someone has a stock file out there that they would be willing to send you.

He has the stock file from the truck, so all he would need to do is flash the stock tune in to another ECM, change the VIN and it should be all set to roll.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Sorry. Didn't see that he had a complete file. Then yes. I didn't have my stock file. Which I still don't. Not that its an issue. Atleast I haven't noticed any. I think the stock file stuff was worse on the 5.9's. Don't know what the difference is, but I'm not running to my dealer unless I have too. So far so good.

Yes, the stock file issue on the 5.9L was a disaster, even on Dodge/Cummins own on-line programming website (Tech Authority) there is lots of warnings about no start on the 5.9L after a reflash.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I don't know if this pertains to anything but for some reason the factory navigation unit in the truck used to say DODGE when powered up. Since the flash it now powers up with a Chrysler emblem. Thanks for all the ideas guys, we pulled my ecm and Zach should have it in a day or two.
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes, the stock file issue on the 5.9L was a disaster, even on Dodge/Cummins own on-line programming website (Tech Authority) there is lots of warnings about no start on the 5.9L after a reflash.
    What's the difference in holding your breath flashing a stock one vs one that's been modified? I noticed "stock" file was referred to in quite a few of the above horror posts. It's hard for me to fathom since I've flashed my 5.9L hundreds of times and even pulled the OBD cable out mid way thru a flash (realized I was flashing the wrong tune BBF'ing and wanted to validate where one of you all said that you tried to kill one and couldn't, of course that could've been a brain fart..but I tried!) and my ECM is perfectly fine.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

I know in developing we certainly did our best to accidentally kill one when we didn't have the process working 100%, like flashing the wrong parts of the flash in to the ECM, all sorts of nasty stuff, and as you found the ECM always seems to come good. Of course part of our testing routine is to interrupt the flash, turn IGN off whilst flashing and making sure we can recover, so in the case of this one that has stopped responding it's hard to imagine what went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Robs24vCTD View Post
    I don't know if this pertains to anything but for some reason the factory navigation unit in the truck used to say DODGE when powered up. Since the flash it now powers up with a Chrysler emblem. Thanks for all the ideas guys, we pulled my ecm and Zach should have it in a day or two.
    What were you guys using for a stock file? Since the tunes you were using didn't come from me - I'm not sure the history here... I'm hoping that once i get your ECM that we can maybe pull something off - but honestly it sounds like it's slim chances... I have a few things to try on it before we write it off - but would be nice to know the history of the files (ie using a stock file from a different truck, etc....)
    2005 Crew Cab Dually Duramax

Big turbos, big injectors, big pumps, crazy heads AND a flux capacitor...
    Best run so far on street tires: 11.14 @ 128.8 mph

Stock file was pulled off of my truck, modified then loaded back to my truck. Only thing that was different was the V2 we pulled the file from the truck with and the v2 we loded it with. Both were updated while we were at your class earlier this month at industrial.
    07.5 Mega stock
    00' EX-Cab MFI

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast