Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick question guys.....Roadrunner serial?

Default Quick question guys.....Roadrunner serial?

I finally got my Laptop back from being fixed and I just downloaded everything and its wanting me to register, my question is what is the roadrunner serial #? I have my blue registration card and I dont see anything on it that says roadrunner on it.
    I have EFI on my wifes laptop right now and wanted to wait for mine to get back to download the newest updates.

Thanks
    Buddy
    06 3500
    EFI by Rob @ ATP

Quote Originally Posted by BSwope View Post
    I finally got my Laptop back from being fixed and I just downloaded everything and its wanting me to register, my question is what is the roadrunner serial #? I have my blue registration card and I dont see anything on it that says roadrunner on it.
    I have EFI on my wifes laptop right now and wanted to wait for mine to get back to download the newest updates.

Thanks
    Buddy
    You don't need that. I don't believe it works on our trucks
    '07 5.9 Mega 3500
    11.7 @ 118 / 8200lbs

Correct. Just fill in Serial #, Commercial Scan and Tune, Issue Date, and Key. Then you're good to go.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    Correct. Just fill in Serial #, Commercial Scan and Tune, Issue Date, and Key. Then you're good to go.
    Thanks guys...
    Ok guys I just did that, now when I open the tune tool and then try to open a file im seeing abunch of gasser tunes and Dmax tunes, kinda like its still in demo mode. My tunes are in the Scan and Tune but I cant see them in the tune tool when I try to open my files.

Also when I try to open one in the Scan and tune tool it says cannot open file and says the system cannot find the file specified.
    06 3500
    EFI by Rob @ ATP

Thanks guys...
    Ok guys I just did that, now when I open the tune tool and then try to open a file im seeing abunch of gasser tunes and Dmax tunes, kinda like its still in demo mode. My tunes are in the Scan and Tune but I cant see them in the tune tool when I try to open my files.

Also when I try to open one in the Scan and tune tool it says cannot open file and says the system cannot find the file specified.
    Are your files ctd. or ctz? Open up Scan and Tune and at the top what Version and Build do you have?

As far a V7.5 files go the files that are in there are there for demo purposes. Just to get you familiar with how other vehicles systems are laid out.
    Dan's Diesel Performance

Version 8.2.1 Build 170
    06 3500
    EFI by Rob @ ATP

Version 8.2.1 Build 170
    like Dan said, if the files you want to look at have a .cmd extension, they need to be resaved. The newer software will save them as .ctz extensions then you should be able to see them.

open your files up in the tuning tool and then save them again. When you save them, put them where you want or they will be in with all the gasser stuff. I just delete all that in mine.
    '07 5.9 Mega 3500
    11.7 @ 118 / 8200lbs

Oh yeah you've got some old software. Go to http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-8-Jan-06-2012 and download both links in the first post. This will give you the latest software. Then uninstall your current V7.5 and V8 then reinstall it using the new downloads. Then register your V2 again. Then with V2 plugged in open up Scan and tune and click on the V2 icon that pops up in the lower right hand corner of your desktop. Click the firmware button. Click update bootblock and then update firmware. Now you'll be on the same level of software as your tuner.
    Dan's Diesel Performance

Dan I did all that you said to do and everything is downloaded but when I plug in the V2 and open Scan and tune and click on the V2 icon it says No device connected, Please connect a Flash scan or Autocal USB device, if a device is plugged in ensure its not being used in another application.
    06 3500
    EFI by Rob @ ATP

Does the V2 screen show anything or is it blank? If it is blank your computer needs to install the drivers. If the screen is showing text then try unplugging the V2 and plug it back in again and see if it then recognizes that it's there. It will bring up the EFILive control panel. Then click on F6: Firmware. There is also a refresh button there to check for devices.
    Dan's Diesel Performance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast