Thread: T43 no diagnostics

Default T43 no diagnostics

We have installed a 5.3/6l80 into one of our Jeeps as usual. This is the first 2011 LS we have done. I pulled the tune out with the Tune tool and tried to get rid of a couple codes as before. When I go to Transmission diagnostics I get the message "The LL8 controller does not support this segment".

When we run the vehicle everything is fine except the MIL comes on and U0121 is being reported by the TCM.

Any help is appreciated.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Not sure why there are calibrations showing in that segment for the LL8 controller. I'll get Ross to take a look.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P10_unused.PNG 
Views:	748 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	12625

The DTC U0121 "Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module".
    Have you looked in the T43 TCM controller. That code is listed.

Name:	T43_U0121.PNG 
Views:	851 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	12626

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Can you please send the TCM file to support@efilive.com , it doesn't make sense that it's thinking you have an LL8 controller there.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Not sure why there are calibrations showing in that segment for the LL8 controller. I'll get Ross to take a look.

Name:	P10_unused.PNG 
Views:	748 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	12625

The DTC U0121 "Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module".
    Have you looked in the T43 TCM controller. That code is listed.

Name:	T43_U0121.PNG 
Views:	851 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	12626

Regards
    Paul
    I looked and none of the codes are there. I will send file, thanks.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

We tried pulling a tune with EFI live build 180 from both a 2010 Escalade 6l80 and a 2012 and EFI Live couldn't see the transmission diagnostics section on either of them so we couldn't turn off any DTCs/MILS. I figured it was due to the new OSes having changed tables and EFI Live can't see them.

Sorry I saw GMPX replied to my thread from a few days ago with the answer
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....10-and-up-T43s

Quote Originally Posted by whypave View Post
    We tried pulling a tune with EFI live build 180 from both a 2010 Escalade 6l80 and a 2012 and EFI Live couldn't see the transmission diagnostics section on either of them so we couldn't turn off any DTCs/MILS. I figured it was due to the new OSes having changed tables and EFI Live can't see them.

Sorry I saw GMPX replied to my thread from a few days ago with the answer
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....10-and-up-T43s
    Thanks for the reply. So this means we can't turn off codes on 2010 + T43's and we cannot interchange the 2009 and earlier T43's for the later controller.

I ask because the 6l80 will go into limp in our Jeeps if we don't remove a couple codes.

Thanks again.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

That is my understanding and my experience working with a 2010 and 2012 truck 6l80. We have the same problem. When you run the 6l80 with a Mast M90 ecm, the newer transmissions throw a U0100 code and go into limp mode. You are problably also dealing with the same U0121 abs module and U0140 I think it is codes we have to turn off. since you are using an e38 presumably you can leave U0100 on. the 2007 TCM I first had in my buggy in 2010 did not have these codes enabled luckily.

What we did in a jam to get the 2010 transmission going was buy a 2007-2009 TCM right from the GM dealer and swap it in and then do a full flash of a known good 2009 corvette tune to enable tap shifting. HPT (I know dirty word) is able to see the transmission diagnostics but it sucks at full reflashing and blew up the e38 on our bench harness that it requires for tuning. EFI live is nice in that you can flash just a T43 by itself.

Good information, you have saved me a lot of time. We are fighting the same issue. U0121 sets the MIL and on some OS's P2534 if not set to "not reported" will make the trans go into limp.

I agree about HPT it is frustrating to upload or download the ECM/TCM togther, especially if all I want to do is flash one.

So when you swapped the earlier T43 into the 2010 transmission it worked out? No hardware compatability?

Thanks very much Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by whypave View Post
    That is my understanding and my experience working with a 2010 and 2012 truck 6l80. We have the same problem. When you run the 6l80 with a Mast M90 ecm, the newer transmissions throw a U0100 code and go into limp mode. You are problably also dealing with the same U0121 abs module and U0140 I think it is codes we have to turn off. since you are using an e38 presumably you can leave U0100 on. the 2007 TCM I first had in my buggy in 2010 did not have these codes enabled luckily.

What we did in a jam to get the 2010 transmission going was buy a 2007-2009 TCM right from the GM dealer and swap it in and then do a full flash of a known good 2009 corvette tune to enable tap shifting. HPT (I know dirty word) is able to see the transmission diagnostics but it sucks at full reflashing and blew up the e38 on our bench harness that it requires for tuning. EFI live is nice in that you can flash just a T43 by itself.

No hardware incompatibility that we can see. We changed just the actual TCM not the entire valve body. even the range selector and the two VSS signals for input and output speeds stayed the same. I don't have a part number for the TCM piece but apparently its a GM dealer part and it says its good for the 2007-2010 model year, although I think it would only work in a 2010 Camaro not other GM models.

I have been told by several 6l80 builders that the 2009 and up valve bodies are improved over prior years but they still go in and open some passages I guess. The only thing we are fighting now which I posted another thread about is TU/TD mode locking us out of 6th gear above certain speeds. I think I may have found the problem however in the table called WOT Shift Speeds and WOT SHIFT RPM.

Great, I'm gonna run this thing even if the MIL is on. Hopefully it won't be too long before they map the late model T43 diagnostics.

If it goes into limp I will swap in an earlier controller.

Thanks again, Robbie.