Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 06 gto ls2 swap in a 93 nissan 240sx motor cranks but wont fire up

Default 06 gto ls2 swap in a 93 nissan 240sx motor cranks but wont fire up

Hey guys I'm new to the forums looking for ur guys advice on my swap not starting up. First off I bought a 06 gto 6 speed ls2 which is dbw and has a e40 pcm I believe And put it in a 93 nissan 240sx. I started the gto up, ran fine pulled it in the shop and tore her down for the swap. Had the two factory harnesses mated together by a reputable guy, who also had me ground one side of the factory fuel pump relay which got the pump working. I'm using the factory starter harness and it turns over but has NO spark or injector pulse. Cam plug has power, maf has power, and the Coils and injectors have power when cranking over but noid light shows no injector pulse. Fuel pump turns on and stays on while cranking for awhile. Fuel pressure is at the proper 55 or 60psi at the fuel rail. My obd2 scanner is showing 170rpms while cranking over. I sent my pcm to Texas speed for a bench tune and to get rid of the vats but at this point I'm really hoping they forgot to do that. Does vats cut spark? Is there anything I'm not seeing here? I'm about to send my pcm back to make sure its legit. I called them and of course they say (yep its off). But they did fail to remove the codes P0452and P0463 I'm getting. If it ends up being as simple as click of the mouse . Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys

What is the full list of DTC's showing?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Just the ones I posted my ecu number is 12596679

P0452 "Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage"
    P0463 "Fuel Level Sensor 1 Circuit High Voltage"
    Neither of those will cause a no start.

Even with VATS enabled, an engine will often fire, then almost instantly shut off.
    As you can imagine with conversions there is many things that can go wrong, you can't always assume it's something in the ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Me and my harness guy pretty much eliminated the harness from being the problem since it all checks out and has power everywhere. Vats wont cut spark? What else can I check for clogged injectors?

I know those codes don't matter but they should still be removed. My obd2 dash hawk says one of those codes is evaporate but one I look them up they both are fuel related

Quote Originally Posted by awd2ks4 View Post
    Vats wont cut spark?
    I can't remember on the E40, but on the later E38's Spark and Fuel can be cut with VAT's.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by awd2ks4 View Post
    ... My obd2 scanner is showing 170rpms while cranking over. I sent my pcm to Texas speed for a bench tune and to get rid of the vats but at this point I'm really hoping they forgot to do that. Does vats cut spark? Is there anything I'm not seeing here? I'm about to send my pcm back to make sure its legit. I called them and of course they say (yep its off). But they did fail to remove the codes P0452and P0463 I'm getting. If it ends up being as simple as click of the mouse ...
    You have discovered that these types of conversions can be difficult - if you don't own tuning software of some type. I generally recommend working with a reputable local tuner - especially one that will come to you (versus shipping off the ECM / TCM for programming), or purchasing tuning software and learning how to do this yourself.

Once you factor in the initial cost of the ECM / TCM tune (VATS disabled, gear & tire adjustments, etc.), plus the cost of a dynamic tune (VE / VVE / MAF), the cost of purchasing tuning software becomes at minimum expenditure neutral.

Even with a completely stock engine, something as simple as a non-OEM air intake tract, could cause a lean condition (Trailblazer SS often go lean with a cold air intake upgrade) - making tuning software an indispensable tool.

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I can't remember on the E40, but on the later E38's Spark and Fuel can be cut with VAT's.
    Really??? When you say later do you mean e38's in general or a particular os?
    ---------------------------
    E38's got to love them
    E40's hate 'em

LS1's is there anything it wont work on

Holden VE SSV - GEN46L

www.ultimateconversionwiring.com.au

www.dualflash.com.au

I'm pretty close to buying efi live. So no one knows for sure about the vats and spark? Anyway to find out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast