Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 06 gto ls2 swap in a 93 nissan 240sx motor cranks but wont fire up

Lifetime Member

Unfortunately if Ross doesnt know and no one else on the forum has replied, then you might be SOL on it. I have only read an E40 before and never got around to tuning it, plus it was a stock truck and not a swap. Swaps are tricky in this regard, just because the harness and ECM are setup correctly doesnt mean one other tiny thing isnt off. So you get fuel pressure, just no spark when cranking? To me that sounds like a VATS problem...but then again I might be wrong.

In addition to disabling VATS, you also need to apply the Disable VATS Patch in the OS then full flash the ECM. I dont know if your tuner did that or not, E40/38/67/etc need this done as well as changing the VATS type plus turning the VATS off, its not like the LS1 where you just turn it off and flash it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

That sounds right can u do that with Hp tuners or only efi live?

Quote Originally Posted by doubledip View Post
    Really??? When you say later do you mean e38's in general or a particular os?
    When the ECM wants to kill the engine if VATS fails, the ECM internally flags injector cut, spark disable and starter disable.

Quote Originally Posted by awd2ks4 View Post
    That sounds right can u do that with Hp tuners or only efi live?
    No sure about HP, but EFILive can certainly kill off the theft.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

hmmm ok .. only thought they killed injectors... well the last time i was checking it i was sure i still had spark butno injector pulse... anyway lets move on..

the most common cause i see for conversions not starting (assuming vats has been turned off correctly) is the wiring of the ignition circuit.. alot of the time people wire the ignition into the ignition circuit that loses power on crank.. best way to make sure this is not the case is any battery power for your loom and ignition power is wired directly to a Battery source (for testing purposes only) this will ensure that not only on ignition on but on cranking there is 12v where its meant to be...

dont know how many times i have had people assure me over the phone that it has igniton power and i suggest this method and they end up ringing back saying it started after doing this...
    ---------------------------
    E38's got to love them
    E40's hate 'em

LS1's is there anything it wont work on

Holden VE SSV - GEN46L

www.ultimateconversionwiring.com.au

www.dualflash.com.au

Well the guy I had do the harness does a lot of the formula d cars so he can do ls wiring in his sleep. Ill keep the thread updated when I figure it out.

Well the guy I had do the harness does a lot of the formula d cars so he can do ls wiring in his sleep. Ill keep the thread updated when I figure it out.
    yes but its not the LS wiring that is the issue.. it will be the mating of it to the car that i was suggesting...

only trying to help...

if you take that route of thinking that cause he does formula d cars he can do the wiring in his sleep and i am sure there would be plenty that would vouch for texas speed doing hundreds of LS PCM's that they could do vats in their sleep that it isnt leaving much that could go wrong now

once again was only trying to help good luck
    E38's got to love them
    E40's hate 'em

Holden VE SSV - GEN46L

www.dualflash.com.au

Yeah I gotcha and appreciate it alot. That's really the only wiring that was modified on the harness its all plug and play in addition to the Dakota digital for the speedo. If that were the case wouldn't I lose power to the coils or injectors?

Yeah I gotcha and appreciate it alot. That's really the only wiring that was modified on the harness its all plug and play in addition to the Dakota digital for the speedo. If that were the case wouldn't I lose power to the coils or injectors?
    all depends onhow it has been wired.. thats why with the harnesses we do i tell the customer to power the ignition up with battery (only 1 ign trigger wire in our harnesses)

i dont know how many wires are in your harness that has been made it may cut the coils, injectors , ecu etc...
    E38's got to love them
    E40's hate 'em

Holden VE SSV - GEN46L

www.dualflash.com.au

Well I guess we will see what happens the pcm will get to tsp on weds

cool... for your sake/sanity i hope it is something simple like vats not turned off... at least will be an easy fix
    E38's got to love them
    E40's hate 'em

Holden VE SSV - GEN46L

www.dualflash.com.au

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast