Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: getting STS kit

Default getting STS kit

I plan on getting an STS turbo kit and the car will remain at the stock 5psi boost levels, what other supporting mods would I need to do if i wasn't going to rag the car (dumping the clutch and other silly stuff) It would probably see a track trip on street tires but thats about it. and what tuning would i do?

Do i have to buy a 2 bar sensor or do i just tune in 2 bar (I'm a complete newbie on this) yes i just said newbie.
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    [Quote :ur car is sneezing!!!!]
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    My STS build: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631954
    453HP 475TQ @6psi
    .....CAM'd, IC'd, and 7psi'd #'s coming.....

I would normally recommend running without the MAF on any forced induction motor and use a 2bar sensor, but it makes tuning it correctly fall soley on YOU.
    If you can retain the MAF then it should get the fueling pretty close for the most part, others would know more about this, but I think with an 85mm MAF you should still be able to run about 5psi and not max it out?.

Of course, you will enjoy 5psi for a few weeks then want more!.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

lol, i'm already running no MAF, my speed density will be done this coming Saturday when I go home from college.

LOL, I know eventually I will want more boost but right now in the situation I'm in with school and the car we can't afford to build a huge project car like some people have done. I think that i would have to replace what....?? 5psi on a stock block..what would it break? lol. Basically I'm looking at getting the turbo kit, keeping it at 5psi, getting rear control arms, and a panhard bar and matching that with a 12 bolt or more than likely a 9inch.....then after some time and saving some more money redo the tranny(have to take it easy until tranny gets done too)

I want to make the motor stronger and be able to last a while, its a father and son build....so yeh dad gets mad when the car isn't working or doesn't come out of the shop for a couple days....what can I say though, he loves to drive it
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

what exactly to i have to do when going forced induction and how do i use this 2 bar sensor? Do I have to buy anything or just double click the 2 bar on the pids on efilive scantool and log?

if you can't tell i know what it is, but i don't know a durn thing about it, lol. My speed density tune will be done this Saturday on my car and my AFR will finally be right.
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

2 bar sensor anyone??explain
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

There are specific 2 bar sensors. In some other threads there are part numbers mentioned. Sorry I can't be more help I am still a poor N/A man
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

5 PSi of boost to me was....

Immediate replacement of clutch to ClutchMaster Stage 3
    Strange 12 bolt (If you use sticky tires at the strip)
    Adco Torque Arm to reduce wheel hop
    LCA lowering brackets to reduce wheel hop
    SFC to stop body flex
    New 3" exhaust to let the engine breathe

Other stuff was optional!

Elmer
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

all i need to know about now is the 2 bar sensor that i would need, lol

I already got SFC, strut twr brc, exhaust, I'm going to be getting rear control arms and panhard bar
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

Please try the search feature on the forum, I know this has been discussed many times before, but I have no idea what the part numbers you need are.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

2 bar map, Gm PN 12580698 is a plug and play, at least for the trucks and I think for the cars too.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast