Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: getting STS kit

I guess I should point out that I also plan on staying at the 5psi level.

That lasted exactly 2 days. 3 months later, I had the 408 and GT70...
    Hello, my name is Erik and I am a horsepower addict...

at 5psi you can get away with the 1bar and using the maf. anything more you will need a 2bar. You will need bigger injectors. (plan ahead for other boost levels) with the inj. you will then have to adj. idle control parameters. If you dont have good wideband afr get one. no platinum plugs. cant thimk of anything else right now
    Eric
    Matthews automotive Super Shop

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by madprof01
    at 5psi you can get away with the 1bar and using the maf. anything more you will need a 2bar. You will need bigger injectors. (plan ahead for other boost levels) with the inj. you will then have to adj. idle control parameters. If you dont have good wideband afr get one. no platinum plugs. cant thimk of anything else right now
    Eric
    wrong and wrong. sorry :(
    at 5psi on t67q we hit 140+kPa (way beyond 1bar) and MAF got maxed out by 4800rpm. svo42s wont' cut it either, gotta go bigger.
    i got logs/pictures to prove it if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by madprof01
    Eric
    wtf are you talking about man....5psi is DEF above 105kPa

i will def need larger injectors....why did you post this?

I need to know real stuff since this car is going to have to be built to last.

redhardsupra...thanks for saving that. I would have posted before you and said thats a big can of "tuna" but didn't beat ya to it
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    [Quote :ur car is sneezing!!!!]
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    My STS build: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631954
    453HP 475TQ @6psi
    .....CAM'd, IC'd, and 7psi'd #'s coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by turboberserker
    I guess I should point out that I also plan on staying at the 5psi level.

That lasted exactly 2 days. 3 months later, I had the 408 and GT70...
    unless i get rich quick...or land a huge internship/job of some sort it will be staying at 5psi and not seeing the track. Been saving for this for a WHILE.

Now in some due time...on down the road here say once i get out of college, IF i have a good job something WILL happen...and it will be around 8-10psi. lol BUT THATS BESIDES THE POINT RIGHT NOW!!! LOL
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
    5 PSi of boost to me was....

Immediate replacement of clutch to ClutchMaster Stage 3
    Strange 12 bolt (If you use sticky tires at the strip)
    Adco Torque Arm to reduce wheel hop
    LCA lowering brackets to reduce wheel hop
    SFC to stop body flex
    New 3" exhaust to let the engine breathe

Other stuff was optional!

Elmer
    When i order the STS kit I will also be ordering:

rear control arms
    panhard bar
    new fuel pump(if it doesn't come w/one which i don't think it does)
    new injectors (60 or higher)

will the stock pushrods.....and valvetrain take the boost? I saw the build up of the camaro at EPP http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=32

I do realize that I'm not running as much boost as he is, and that I don't have a built motor like he does either...but I really need mine to last
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

You need to remember I live at 5000 feet and did not say it was rightI said you could get away with it. I ahve three customers who cheaped on us when it came down to it with the 6 lb systems who only got injectors and tuning and they love it. Let me clarify, to be done right injectors should be moded to bosch style plugs no maf iridium plugs t body coolant bypassed trailblazer torque converter electronic boost controller with methanol (sts) and finally a custom operating system. Im sure I forgot something but you get the idea. I also have a tacome running 6 lb system with no fuel management and he is not nice to it. installed 11 months ago. also ATi makes a real nice second pump system that is complete for the ls1 cars I think its pretty reasonable

getting away with it doesn't mean fully working to its most potential and safe.

all of those words need to be spaced out some man; I appreciate your post and your info, but jeez; take some time and make it readible. I have a 6spd so no tq converter.

I was right when I assumed to build the valvetrain up, stock parts don't like double the amount of TQ; Marcin, thanks for the info, glad i can actually think of what needs to be replaced
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

I would definately start out slow if this is your first boosted motor tuning adventure, especially if the car is a requirement during school! 60 lb/hr injectors would be a great starting point with room to grow. The 2 bar is also a must to get going. Make sure that you run an NGK TR6 plug for boosted applications. Its a colder plug then the widely N/A used 55's.

The next biggest thing is to go easy with timing. The stock LS1 pistons like to break ring lands when treated to detonation for even short periods. I have installed a few STS kits as we are a dealer for the products. They do a nice job for a "bolt on" kit! 5lbs of boost will wake you up!

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

thanks, you say go easy with timing? so should i lower all of my spark table(s) to say 20 or less?

i do realize that once you go into the custom OS that there are other spark/ different spark tables
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast