ok so i am adjusting my TLIQ B0741 to improve my shifts and i may have stumbled across something quite odd and seems to go against what i have been taught about defueling during shifts

i was trying to determine how much MM3 the stock program pulls out during shifts to compare them to my current tune

i put together an Excel sheet to be able to show the figures in between the cells that you cant see in the tune file. i then filled the sheet with the 2004 LB7 stock tune data, then followed the [TBIQ B0727 MM3] to the [Base Torque B1102 desired torque amount] and then to the [TLIQ B0741 MM3]. it appears that the TLIQ ends up being the same as the TBIQ or close to it (1-3 MM3s difference).

is this how it is supposed to be and the [Min/Max torque reduction request D5194/D5195] in the transmission tune is what controls the percentage of MM3 that is used during shifts? if this is correct it would sure speed up my tuning.

i am beginning to believe that the transmission can request between 12% to 89% [Min/Max torque reduction request D5194/D5195] and this is the amount taken out of the [TLIQ B0741]. now if one was trying to correct bad shifting then all that would have to be done is follow the MM3s between the TBIQ, BT & TLIQ and make sure they are close and let the transmission work it self out. no more guess work.

remember this is for an LB7

please let me know if this sounds correct or i am crazy.

if any of you would like to see the excel file to see the results yourself let me know and i will attach it

thanks Jason