OK Newbie to tuning Have been reading for weeks and I also have the Tuning Book from Starlite Diesel and am stuck. I have a 2004 LB7 it has Head studs, New stock Turbo, Lift pump with water seperater, Nicktane fuel filter adapter with cat filter, Cts3 Insight, shimmed FPRV, MRBP downpipe, 2 inch Up pipes, rebuilt and calibrated injectors with SAC 33% injectors.

Ok I am trying to Tune ECM for the 33% SAC nozzles. Ok so i went In and looked the TBIQ table but didn't change anything since I am just trying to Tune the ECM to bring it back closer to stock for now. I did not change the Fuel pressure Table. B1001. I modified the Main Injection Pulse B0720 Table and Main Injection Pulse Pilot B0721 table. I Used the formula -100US for Latency then -25% across the table then add the 100US latency back in. I then plugged the tables into the Timing Calculator provided by Starlite Diesel and then pasted it back into the 3 timing Tables B0908,B0909 And B0910.

I looked at the limiter tables. MIFQ (warm) B0728, MIFQ, MAF B0751, EGR OFF B0752,
Rail Pressure Limits B1011, Injection Timing Maximum B0921, Base Torque B1102, TLIQ B0741,
Peak Torque VS Rpm, I left these pretty much alone, I changed G0907, G0908 Brake Torque Throttle Limit. And adjusted speedometer for larger tires.

I flashed ECM with tune and Tune runs great. It only has 2 issues, One is it increases power right before 1-2,2-3,3-4 shifts then defuels and shifts. It throws you back into seat, then defuels, shifts and throws you back into seat. It does it at any throttle position. I logged it on My CTS3 and when I was logging it I noticed the CFR and the MIFR are adding 20 MM3 of fuel right before the defuel. The DFRP and a Actual FRP Match pretty Close. The second thing it is doing is it looks like it is starts ramping fuel back up before the shift is complete.

My 1st question is what could be causing the added fuel is there something I missed. My 2nd question is, is there something I need to tune for the 33% over injectors. Sorry for the long post just trying to give all the info I have so far. I Have been An ASE Mastertech for 30 years, Been tinkering with tuning gas engines for 3 years and just started playing with my diesel. Any help Is appreciated. I tried attaching my CTS3 log file but it kept giving error. If somebody wants to take a look at the Tune I can post.