Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Success Story

Default Success Story

Just wanted to share my success. I don't have any marvelous dyno numbers at the moment (to be had soon!) but what I do have is hard proof in the pudding that EFI is king of tuning the 5.9L CR. On my 06 MegaCab I have a measly box stock BW S363,T-4 2nd gen PDI manifold that I port-matched, 45% injectors, Arson 3 minus the FCA, and a built tranny. Currently I have been working with SilverBullet Tuning (Les Szmidt) to hammer out the tuning. I have been all smiles! I've had a bit of a curveball thrown at me because I didn't want that large of an injector (120's to 150's) paired with my choice of turbo. Nothing custom tuning can't handle! So far, I'm smoke free, spools like stock, drives like a grocery getter while DD'ing and while driving in inclement weather, but runs like a scalded dog up top! It's hard to imagine my turbo spooling like stock and smoke free with larger injectors for it, but it does and flows so much air up top with that huge 16cm turbine housing!

Now to the good stuff....My motto has always been, get it done for less or go home! Not in the sense in sacrificing reliability, but I don't go buying parts based off price or advertised hp etc... Just recently I've had my sights set on a particular local truck that cruises around as the BIG DOG of the town..07 5.9L, Quad cab, short bed, G56 with SB DD 3600, Smarty, 75% CP3, 60% over injectors, SilverBullet turbo (66) T-3 HTT stainless manifold, valve springs and push rods, and a few other nic-nacs that have made 620 hp on Dunbar's dyno recently. Staging while cruising 60-70mph on the interstate I let him know just who the NEW big dog is now!! While at a pit stop on our journey, I asked him and his fellow passengers that are Cummins owners as well, what kinda smoke output were they seeing out of mine since I had been ironing out a boost fuel limiter table. Very swiftly they replied, "None, Clean, Very clean!" at that moment, is was like the world stop turning and I knew, I had accomplished what I set out to achieve. What a great feeling that was!! Just wanted to say thank you to Les for his hard work and patience putting up with me, the EFILive crew for making this possible, and the rest of the BETA testers, and friends that have listened to me ramble on.
    Last edited by FUBAR; February 5th, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

always a sweet victory when a goal is achieved ! Congrats ! Les is definitely one to get good advice from. It will only get better the more parts you add on :-)
    '07 5.9 Mega 3500
    11.7 @ 118 / 8200lbs

Thanks man! I'm gonna try and be happy with where I'm at for a while....lol. Oh and btw, they were you're old parts who I spanked.
    06 LBZ, EFILive

That sounds impressive and gives me something to shoot for. I'm looking to upgrade to the very same box stock charger once I can get the $$$ scraped together. Nothing like tuning on a budget. I like seeing all of the recent success stories. I have a feeling this is just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    Just recently I've had my sights set on a particular local truck that cruises around as the BIG DOG of the town..07 5.9L, Quad cab, short bed, G56 with SB DD 3600, Smarty, 75% CP3, 60% over injectors, SilverBullet turbo (66) T-3 HTT stainless manifold, valve springs and push rods, and a few other nic-nacs that have made 620 hp on Dunbar's dyno recently. Staging while cruising 60-70mph on the interstate I let him know just who the NEW big dog is now!! While at a pit stop on our journey, I asked him and his fellow passengers that are Cummins owners as well, what kinda smoke output were they seeing out of mine since I had been ironing out a boost fuel limiter table. Very swiftly they replied, "None, Clean, Very clean!" at that moment, is was like the world stop turning and I knew, I had accomplished what I set out to achieve.
    Oh and btw, they were you're old parts who I spanked.
    Andrew I am happy you got your truck running good! As a passenger in this so called truck you spanked, your success story is not exactly all true and very misleading! At best you could hang with him and that would still be a good accomplishment! Staging while cruising? Not exactly! As for your smoke we did not say it was clean as in no smoke! Dont get carried away!

Once again I am happy your truck is running good but I am very disappointed in you and how you told this story!

Brian

You just don't get it do you. You're not worth my time.
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Congrats Andrew...you have come a long way and I feel have greatly contributed to the Efilive cummins community as well!
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by brians06dodge View Post
    I am very disappointed in you and how you told this story!
    You just don't get it do you. You're not worth my time.
    Now GM vs FORD I can see, GM vs Dodge I can see, but these Dodge guys are tough, Dodge vs Dodge here
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks Kory. Lol Ross. These guys just can't grow up. All their childish comments got old. Fact of the matter was you had two trucks, side by side, make probably 6 pulls, and one (me) always outran the other.
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Dodge on Dodge crime is probably the worst out of the Big 3...WE HATE TO LOSE...so when we do, we come up with ANY plausible excuse.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast