Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPS relearn

Only in the interest of learning do I ask this question. The CPS relearn done here, instructs the resetter (me) to do stuff to get to the select "CASE" and then put my foot on the brake and raise the RPMs to >4000 within 10 seconds. As I hold the RPMs, I feel a "miss", I immediately release the throttle and idle down, turn off engine, click deactivate, wait 15 seconds, and I'm done. Ok, that's what you guys say will relearn the CPS. Why then does the GM procedure to do this function call for a WOT run to where the fuel is cut off and then you idle and do stuff (All instructions found here per GM: http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880881 )

The question? Why is lower 4000 RPMs doing the relearn and the WOT requirement needed per GM?

Keep the answer really, really, simple. Remember, you're talking to the Jacksonville Geezer!

TIA

Elmer

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl View Post
    Only in the interest of learning do I ask this question. The CPS relearn done here, instructs the resetter (me) to do stuff to get to the select "CASE" and then put my foot on the brake and raise the RPMs to >4000 within 10 seconds. As I hold the RPMs, I feel a "miss", I immediately release the throttle and idle down, turn off engine, click deactivate, wait 15 seconds, and I'm done. Ok, that's what you guys say will relearn the CPS. Why then does the GM procedure to do this function call for a WOT run to where the fuel is cut off and then you idle and do stuff (All instructions found here per GM: http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880881 )

The question? Why is lower 4000 RPMs doing the relearn and the WOT requirement needed per GM?

Keep the answer really, really, simple. Remember, you're talking to the Jacksonville Geezer!

TIA

Elmer
    Hey Elmer, it just means put the pedal to the metal. The initial words are an overview of what needs to be done, then it steps through the real steps.

I understand WOT but WOT is not used in the instructions on this site. A simple RPM roll up to over 4K is all that is stated. Do I really need to hammer it to WOT? I put my foot on the brake and ran the RPM up (Not a WOT throttle press) just rolled it up to over 4K and held it about 4500 and I felt the "miss". I assumed that I performed the necessary tasks to rest the CPS. Did I not really do the relearn because I didn't go WOT to get the "miss"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12