Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LB7 Autocal DSP Beta??

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boaty3 View Post
    EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!! Thank you! Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but, when the release does come out, where do I look for the news of its release? Also how will I go about updating my Autocal unit with this software? Keep in mind I'm a consumer not a programmer so I don't get the info the programmers yall sell to get. Thanks again!!
    Cole
    Beta and pre-release updates are posted here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/forumdispla...tallation-Help
    Those updates may have small issues that are still being worked out.

Once the product is ready for public release it is posted on our download page here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

There are two ways to update the firmware in Autocal and FlashScan:
    1. If the firmware version in the V8 software that is installed is higher than the version in your device, the first time you run the EFILive V8 software with your device connected the software will pop-up a window asking you to upgrade the firmware. You just click on the [Upgrade] button and it all gets done automatically.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fw1.png 
Views:	314 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	12745

2. If you have auto firmware update notification turned off, or you want to change to firmware that has the same version as what is already on your device then you must manually program the firmware into your device. To do that, run the V8 EFILive Explorer program and on the [Firmware] tab page, select the firmware file that you want to program and click [Program].
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fw2.png 
Views:	304 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	12746

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Ok lol. At this point I'll wait till the Autocal unit gets here and I see the release notes on your site but essentially from what I gather I open the EFI software on my computer, plug the autocal unit in and it will update itself? Or will I have to download the update and have that saved on my computer? The Autocal will have 5 tunes loaded in it from my programmer, those tunes won't get lost will they? They will remain on the unit correct?
    03 Chevy LB7 Duramax CC/LB 4x4
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe
    EFI Live via Autocal tuned by Idaho Rob!!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boaty3 View Post
    Ok lol. At this point I'll wait till the Autocal unit gets here and I see the release notes on your site but essentially from what I gather I open the EFI software on my computer, plug the autocal unit in and it will update itself? Or will I have to download the update and have that saved on my computer? The Autocal will have 5 tunes loaded in it from my programmer, those tunes won't get lost will they? They will remain on the unit correct?
    You should really check with the tuner that supplies the AutoCal what version of software and firmware you should be running. It will need to be compatible with the files that he has programmed onto the unit and that he may send to you in the future. Updating the firmware will not cause you to lose any tune files.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Yep will do. I'll wait till I see the release notes in the downloads page and call my tuner. Thanks for all your help! Much Much appreciated!
    03 Chevy LB7 Duramax CC/LB 4x4
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe
    EFI Live via Autocal tuned by Idaho Rob!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12