Thread: NEW to EFI live, Need help with the order of tuning different areas and tables

Default NEW to EFI live, Need help with the order of tuning different areas and tables

Hi everyone, i recently swap the pcm out of my 97 yukon with a 02 411 pcm out of a expressvan. Got it runing pretty good.

I got a aem wideband O2 and did the autoVE tune to it and thats about it.

I have msd igniton 6a, coil and wires, headers LT1 cam, full engine rebuild, no head work or intake or injector work just a new spider inside the intake.

Now that i have the AFR at its Stoichiometry. Where do i go from there. can i more Power enrichment for towing or take offs on the highway. Can i get a lean cruise out of it for long hauls to work. Havent found much on playing with the spark tables one that interested me was b5908 fuel mixture spark correction and b5919 optimal timing for torque.

Im not asking you guys to write out a whole formula but kinda a direction to a link or a write up you guys know of.

All help is much appriciated, i couldnt find anyone to tune the old prom burner in the truck so i looked into it and found out about the swap and efi live. its a lot more money the paying someone to tune it, but i love learning and this tuning stuff has always interested me.

Thanks

Ben

First up, post your tune file up so we can take a look at where you are at. Some logs with commanded & wideband AFR, timing, KR, Cylinder airmass, fuel trims etc would also be good.
    For the lean cruise part it depends what OS you are using. There is a cax file on here for getting lean cruise in some OS's. Or you can go the pseudo lean cruise route with a COS.
    As for timing, the high/low octane tables are where the base changes are made, fuel mixture spark correction really depends on how the rest of the tune is set up. For instance you may want to lower/raise timing when lean cruise/ PE are active. Since spark references cylinder airmass/RPM you will come across instances where the same cylinder airmass cell is referenced for a different commanded AFR.
    In other words, you tune the high/low octane tables first. Then fine tune with the temp & commanded AFR modifiers etc.
    The Tremor at AIR