Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 9, Feb 09, 2012

So far...ZERO failed BBF (usually every 3 or so)on Cummins controller...and I think it actually flashes faster now than before.

Great work guys!!!
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Thanks Les, because that makes sense for Cummins. Send the data slower and it flashes faster
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I updated to this release today after a couple of weird issues with the firmware in RC8. I'd paused a log file and when restating, the timer came back to life and the PID data started updating, but the frame count didn't increase. When I canceled the BBL session after driving for 20min, the log ended at shortly after the car had previouly been stopped, so nothing was written to the SD card after waking up the V2. The steps involved were...

1. Start a new logging session.
    2. Drive for 20 min or so, the frame count going up all the time.
    3. Stop the car and get out, the V2 was left alone as it has the 60 sleep timer set.
    4. Come back to the car after 10 min or so.
    5. Turn ignition on, pick yup the V2 ( which has gone to sleep and has a blank screen ).
    6. Press the <OK> or <Power> buttons to wake up the V2. Normally I just watched to see the timer start and/or the PID data on the screen change.
    7. Drive another 15 to 20 min.
    8. Turn off the engine and press the <Cancel> button to finalise the log.

At step 8 I notice the frame count was way lower than I'd expected and before I canceled the log, I noticed the frame count was not increasing, even though the timer was. So after finalising the log, I saved a trace file just in case. I'd almost think that the routine to write data to the SD card never came back, as everything else seemed fine. If you want the trace file, let me know.

I'll also retry this with the latest firmware to see if it re-occurs.

Simon.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    I updated to this release today after a couple of weird issues with the firmware in RC8. I'd paused a log file and when restating, the timer came back to life and the PID data started updating, but the frame count didn't increase. When I canceled the BBL session after driving for 20min, the log ended at shortly after the car had previouly been stopped, so nothing was written to the SD card after waking up the V2. The steps involved were...

1. Start a new logging session.
    2. Drive for 20 min or so, the frame count going up all the time.
    3. Stop the car and get out, the V2 was left alone as it has the 60 sleep timer set.
    4. Come back to the car after 10 min or so.
    5. Turn ignition on, pick yup the V2 ( which has gone to sleep and has a blank screen ).
    6. Press the <OK> or <Power> buttons to wake up the V2. Normally I just watched to see the timer start and/or the PID data on the screen change.
    7. Drive another 15 to 20 min.
    8. Turn off the engine and press the <Cancel> button to finalise the log.

At step 8 I notice the frame count was way lower than I'd expected and before I canceled the log, I noticed the frame count was not increasing, even though the timer was. So after finalising the log, I saved a trace file just in case. I'd almost think that the routine to write data to the SD card never came back, as everything else seemed fine. If you want the trace file, let me know.

I'll also retry this with the latest firmware to see if it re-occurs.

Simon.
    When the log is paused, the timer will increment but the frame count will not - just like you described.
    Pressing the OK button during a log will pause the log. Not sure what the ramifications are of pressing the OK button to wake from sleep during a logging session - I'll need to test that.
    FlashScan should ignore any button used to wake from sleep, but maybe it is processing the OK and pausing the log.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

OK, maybe that's what I did. I've paused logs a few times and only had this occur post RC8. I tried to replicate this morning on RC9 and it didn't occur, maybe the "key debounce" wasn't working correctly before and it picked up multiple key presses, putting the V2 into "pause" mode? Anyway, I'll keep testing.

simon

Any updates on when the release of the stable RC10 system is going to happen for Cummins 6.7 tuning?

I upgraded by blue V2 the other day but I'm worried about using a pre-release (RC9) program to tune a 6.7 Cummins.
    Last edited by KB3MMX; February 28th, 2012 at 05:15 PM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KB3MMX View Post
    Any updates on when the release of the stable RC10 system is going to happen for Cummins 6.7 tuning?

I upgraded by blue V2 the other day but I'm worried about using a pre-release (RC9) program to tune a 6.7 Cummins.
    RC10 should be posted this week.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I just updated the V8 and V7.5 to RC9, the bootblock to 2.07.04 (Dec.12 2011), and the firmware to 2.07.23 (Feb. 12, 2012). This was done without uninstalling anything first. Now, when I try to flash with the V2, it says something about the firmware not being correct, and will not flash. Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks,
    Mike
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Hi Mike,

Are you trying to BBF from the V2...?

If so, did you run the V8 S&T software, go into BBx and Program the files into your V2 (you may have to format the Config space first)...?

Quote Originally Posted by 2006Cummins View Post
    I just updated the V8 and V7.5 to RC9, the bootblock to 2.07.04 (Dec.12 2011), and the firmware to 2.07.23 (Feb. 12, 2012). This was done without uninstalling anything first. Now, when I try to flash with the V2, it says something about the firmware not being correct, and will not flash. Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks,
    Mike
    You may have to uninstall EFI and reinstall. I beleive they said that a new installer was being used and you had to uninstall the software first and then install. What version did you upgrade from?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast