Thread: 2.2 Ecotec e37 stand alone

Default 2.2 Ecotec e37 stand alone

Can i use efi live to disable or apply patch to disable vats and bcu etc on 2008 cobalt donor car to work stand alone in sandrail? Can i later (as standalone ecm) tap into whatever necessary wires and modify programming for whatever reason? Possible to use to control turbo setup on down the road? noob here, obviously

Yes EFILive does support VATS disable on the E37 ECM, as well as disable DTC's for things that might be missing on the sandrail vs Cobalt.
    As far as Turbo support, you are in luck, most of GM's ECM from 2006+ are already able to support boosted engines (E37 included). Whilst there is no wastegate controls, you could at least control fuelling in to boost (up to 255kPa MAP).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes EFILive does support VATS disable on the E37 ECM, as well as disable DTC's for things that might be missing on the sandrail vs Cobalt.
    As far as Turbo support, you are in luck, most of GM's ECM from 2006+ are already able to support boosted engines (E37 included). Whilst there is no wastegate controls, you could at least control fuelling in to boost (up to 255kPa MAP).
    Will a fairly intelligent noob be able to accomplish this? Im assuming i can obtain some wiring diagrams / pinouts from alldata or somthing...

Lifetime Member

To disable DTCs and VATS is about 20 mouse clicks then wait 30 seconds for a flash. No need to work with the wiring (unless you need to get a stock harness to work without a starter relay/etc).

For turbo support you will be able to control fueling and spark under boost without a problem, imagine thats down the road a little, but shouldnt be too difficult.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

so engine harness plugs into j1 or j2 haha cant remember right now. But the other needs to be hooked up to constant power, switched power, gnd , and lan wire or whatever right? Lan wire would be hooked up to one in the efi live cable right? i plan on cutting connector off car and wiring just what i need to it (fused). Dont really plan on running fuel pump or cooling fans off ecm unless someone thinks i need to for some reason, could very easily run start signal manually as well, but i read some stuff about that working too...

Does anyone have an e37 pinout to share??

all data has all the prints for this application. Questions? pm me or give me a call,Steve 909 910 3867

well actually ive decipered the wiring, without a pinout or schematics, ive got it down to about four hookups, so im pretty happy, if alldata were free id for sure go take a look cause i cant get cluster to work without bcm but dont know if its possible anyway, thanks efiharness. Im probably just lucky i havent burnt anything up getting to this point.

What are you missing