Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $0281 when trying to BBL

Default $0281 when trying to BBL

I'm trying to use teh V2 stand-alone to display data and do some data logs, but everytime I try and display data I get this $0281 error. I can go in and display module info, DTC's, and read teh tune file, but it will not display any data. Also I have found it will not BBF my LB7 either with this software. I'm running the current public release from back in August, and have ran into all kinds of problems with my LB7 with it, yet none of these problems seem to have happened when I was doing an LBZ recently. I really don't want to go to RC9 right now as I'm still doing some tuning with peopel using .CTD files, but on teh other hand I can ONLY flash my LB7 using teh V8 software through the laptop as any other method gives me licensing errors(yet it will read teh tune fine).
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

To make it more complicated, I just pulled the SD card out and now it will connect but still doesn't log all PIDS, and about half the time it will be all 0's when it shows data. BUT, when I play the logs back, those invalid PIDS display in the V7.5 tool.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Which firmware version/date does your V2 have...?

Which V7/V8 build versions do you have installed...?

V7.5.7 build 180
    V8.2.1 build 170
    bootblock 2.07.03
    firmware 2.07.22

And this is not anywhere near my first time with problems with this release with my early LB7.

http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37249

Lifetime Member

As much as it sucks, you might want to try and upgrade another computer to RC9 and see if that fixes the problem. Dont know if you have multiple V2s or not, if you do then upgrade it to RC9 and see if the problem goes away. I think this was one of the issues fixed with the latest RC versions. Format config then update bootblock, then firmware, then copy everything back. $0281 is a no data received from the controller, weird because you can pull codes/etc with it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

What made it really wierd was removing the SD card made the 0281 go away, but it still wouldn't display data but maybe half the time.

Lifetime Member

Hmmm, that is weird. Have you tried another SD card by chance? My E67/T42 combo would randomly drop before the RC8 version, no idea what/if anything changed but I recorded a few 2hr logs without a hitch. Something like 200,000 frames!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Hmmm, that is weird. Have you tried another SD card by chance? My E67/T42 combo would randomly drop before the RC8 version, no idea what/if anything changed but I recorded a few 2hr logs without a hitch. Something like 200,000 frames!
    No, I only have the 1 1GB SD card. The last time I tried a 2GB SD card and formatted it, it screwed up the card and left me with only 1GB of memory on it and the card didn't store data correctly.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    No, I only have the 1 1GB SD card. The last time I tried a 2GB SD card and formatted it, it screwed up the card and left me with only 1GB of memory on it and the card didn't store data correctly.
    This utility may help re-format/recover your SD Card:
    http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...oad/index.html

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    This utility may help re-format/recover your SD Card:
    http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...oad/index.html

Regards
    Paul
    I forgot to add, you'll need a PC or laptop with an SD Card slot to use the utility.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast