Thread: line pressure in efilive

Default line pressure in efilive

can i tell what line pressure the trans is running at in efi live? I did a trans swap all new lines and dont know if it circulating through the system or not. I hear gurgling noises twice and i topped off fluid and went away and rpms drop when i put it in gear but is there anyway to be sure besides taking off a line?

I would think it free spinning in drive it would shift through the gears.
    2018 Colorado ZR2 Diesel

1998 Firebird Transam A4

Installed: 4l80e with yank 3200 stall, mwc 9in 3.00 gear wavetrac 3in off the sides, wattslink, PCM upgrade, Strano springs, 24 way QA1 front/rear, stainless steel brake hard lines, pst carbon fiber driveshaft, Boyd Harm rims 18x12/18x10(not minitub), kooks 1 7/8 full lenght headers and true dual exhaust, Zainoed

No, not line pressure.

But, there is a pid for the commanded PCS solenoid pressure;

the PCS solenoid prodcues Torque Signal pressure which feeds the spring end of the pressure regulator valve (i.e. assists in regulating line pressure), look at items 1a and 1c in post #4 here: 4L60E-Reference-Material

the PCS commanded pressure is available as pid GM.TFMPRS.

Thanks ya I think everything good there. Max was 90 on efilive. Is there a way to test to make sure I have it wired right for shifting? Reason I ask is that for some reason the plug came up to short for the main plug for the transmission so I switched the two wires I needed and lengthened all the rest and didn't notice there was 2 yellow with black stripe wires:(. I think there right but just like to make sure.

This for a 4l80e and a 98 wiring harness repined for a 02 pcm
    2018 Colorado ZR2 Diesel

1998 Firebird Transam A4

Installed: 4l80e with yank 3200 stall, mwc 9in 3.00 gear wavetrac 3in off the sides, wattslink, PCM upgrade, Strano springs, 24 way QA1 front/rear, stainless steel brake hard lines, pst carbon fiber driveshaft, Boyd Harm rims 18x12/18x10(not minitub), kooks 1 7/8 full lenght headers and true dual exhaust, Zainoed

If you connect an external 300 psi pressure gauge to the line tap on the side of the case, then using the EFILive V7.5 scantool DVT tab you can command PCS pressure and observe the pressure gauge, you should see line pressure go up as PCS pressure is commanded up (note that PCS current goes down as PCS pressure goes up)...

a PCS range of 0-96 psi corresponds to approximately a line pressure range of 130-220 psi.