Thread: KOEO check engine lamp flashing- E67 GMPP ECM

Default KOEO check engine lamp flashing- E67 GMPP ECM

Hello, could someone verify the lamp operation?
    The car-project is not to the point of running yet but I am going through and checking the operation of things.
    The engine is a GMPP LS7; harness based on GMPP with an LS7 programmed E67.

When turning the key to the on position, the check engine lamp flashes, as opposed to just being on

From what I read,in the KOEO postion, many ECM's after 05 will flash the lamp if the emission tests have not yet run.
    Of course, as the engine has never fired, a number of tests do come back as not run.
    No codes are stored,

Also, with an E67 , should I be able to see MAF readings if I blow air across it?
    Or does ECM not register the airflow if it does not see that the engine is actually turning?

I checked the wiring and it looks to be correct comparing to other GM cars using this MAF
    The air temp is reading, the MAF gets warm; the air temp will change if I blow over it.
    But no MAF readings.

Thanks for any help
    Gerry

Lifetime Member

Hello Gerry,

What DTCs are being set ?

Do you have all inputs (TB / APP / MAP / CKP / CMP) connected to the E67 when powering it up - or are you trying this on a bench with just some of the components connected ?

Regarding the emission readiness tests - the few GMPP controllers I have seen have the associated DTCs set to "Not Reported" - which should cause the readiness tests to complete immediately (if these run at all in a GMPP controller).

You stated the harness was "based on" a GMPP harness - which means it isn't an actual GMPP setup. Are you running an actual GMPP E67, or a production E67 with an LS7 calibration loaded ?

Regards,
    Taz

Hi, thanks for the reply
    No DTCs are being set or reported

The harness is on the car with everything connected

With a SnapOn Solice it says,
    "MIL request by DTC /NO"

HO2S/ O2s test enabled
    HO2S/ O2s test NOT COMPLETED ( hoping this is the reason for the flashing as opposed to steady on)

It was a complete GMPP "install kit"
    Harness, sensors, LS7 controller in one big box.

I say based on , as the harness was mostly taken apart to remove things, add Evap, AC, man trans controls etcetera, while using the production car pass throughs , fuse box and stuff.
    Was a good thing as inside the GMPP harness I found ripped , chafed wires (THANKS GM)

It uses the 12576410 MAF
    which as I said I re checked the wiring
    A yellow sensor return to ECM C2-67
    B black ground
    C red power
    E tan temp
    F tan temp
    Did not retrace the tan wires today but the temp works as , one would have to think they are fine.

Thanks again for your help
    Gerry

Lifetime Member

That MAF part number cross checks as 2005-2007 Saturn part - most blade MAFs are similar. Thought the E-Rod kit came with MAF 15865791 - yours is probably a comparable substitution.

Yes ...the wiring harnesses mass produced in Mexico can be interesting. I purchase new Gen IV harnesses from GM and rework these as necessary. Miles of electrical tape wrapped around the harness trunk and branches - takes a couple of hours just to remove the tape. And sometimes there are chafed / damaged wires.

Hadn't looked at an E-Rod tune in a while - most of the readiness tests are indeed active in the calibration.

Do you own a V2 ? If so, you should be able to adjust these as necessary for the vehicle / emissions requirements in your area.

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

All new E38/67 ECM's flash the MIL until they are started for the first time. Then they are no longer factory new

From memory the MAF needs to see engine rpm before it registers. But that is a dim memory.

Lifetime Member

Hello Ian,

Its 8:30 AM Monday here ... if my math is correct its 12:30 AM Tuesday for you - great minds never sleep !!! (although they may nod off on the sofa once in a while).

Cheers,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

LOL. I fall asleep every time I sit still for 5 minutes.