Thread: Cannot Erase the ECM

Default Cannot Erase the ECM

I downloaded the current builds today onto a new laptop with hopes of installing a new tune. I updated both V7.5.7 and V8.2.1 successfully and then updated the firmware on my V2 successfully. Bootblocker didn't need updating.

I pulled the radio, info and radio amp fuses. I successfully read the DSP5 tune currently in the truck and saved it. I then did a full flash TEST which went through the whole routine and reported success. Truck started fine. Then I tried doing a full flash for real but got an error message; Cannot Erase the ECM Memory, Reason: (blank). I got the bad Transfer was stopped, do not remove power message.

Good news: truck still runs. Bad News: I can't get my new (Single, Non DSP tune flashed in) Perhaps it is a discrepancy with OS?
    I will email the transcript and trace file to support.

Here is the transcript. ECM erase failure Feb 13,2012.txt

The only time I've known people to have issues during the erase is when the IGN key is not all the way to the 'on' position, don't flash with it just to 'Accy'.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The only time I've known people to have issues during the erase is when the IGN key is not all the way to the 'on' position, don't flash with it just to 'Accy'.
    Bingo! Nervous for the Big Flash I guess. It flashed fine today thanks for the help. Figgen'barassed

Lifetime Member

I may be wrong but I do not think you can fully read out a DSP tune from any ECM. Hopefully you have the full tune from another source if the one cannot read the DSP tune out.

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

I have the tune saved elsewhere (manytimes over). I was just testing everything I could before doing the full flash. Does anyone know how confident I can be if I successfully TEST a full flash?
    Last edited by Sledhead; February 15th, 2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: where is sig?