Thread: DSP output reliability

Default DSP output reliability

anyone out there find the DSP output not always turning on as programmed?

right now i am trying to use it to activate a relay to power a lift pump and water injection pump. i set it up to activate when at 17 PSI boost [A0120 DSP output boost min] but it turns on during idle. from logging it shows that i am only at 14.65 lbs of boost at idle. at first i thought well i just need to add the atmospheric presser to the 17 lbs of boost i want it to activate at and see if that works. so i set it 34 lbs for good measures and now it activates on average of 14.90 lbs of boost (just barely above idle). at this rate i am going to hit the 72.5 lb limit before it ever activates where i want it to. i am going to set it higher but it shouldn't need to be this high for 17 lbs of boost.

i tried the [A0116 DSP output TPS min] & [A0118 DSP output RPM min] and it works as expected. the only one that seems to be wacky is the [A0120 DSP output boost min].

any one have similar results using the DSP output? did you figure out a solution to this?

Thanks
    Jason

In which DSP position? I believe teh DSP output only works in teh DSP positions by the settings, but in teh non DSP setting it is on all the time.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

in DSP 1-4

the [A0115 DSP output enable] determines if it is on all of the time or only when in a DSP position. right now i have it set to {enable} so it only comes on in the DSP positions. this seems to work fine. when i put it in the non-DSP position it wont turn on at all as it is supposed to.

after setting [A0120 DSP output boost min] to 60 lbs the DSP output finally started to come on at around 17~18lbs of boost. it would then cut out around 20~22lbs. i believe it (the ECM) thinks it is going over its max limit of 72.5lbs [A0119 DSP output boost max] and cutting out.

i found someone else that seems to have a similar problem to me http://forum.efilive.com/archive/index.php/t-12308.html that does not seem to have been resolved.

anyone have a solution or know what settings to use to make this work? or is anyone using the DSP output controlled by boost? seems that this could be a big problem for someone trying to use it for water injection or Nitrous Oxide and having it come on just above idle.

Jason