Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New with EFI Live need some help

Default New with EFI Live need some help

alrighty here we go, i have an 05 LLY that i built mainly with all PPE Componets and am very happy with how the truck performs, however i just bought an 03 that had a few things done to it and always looking for more so it has a DSP 5 position switch the previous owner had 4 tunes on the switch and one blank position, they were stock mild lope and hot how do i go about filling that blank position and where or who do i go to to find out what exactly this "hot tune" is, do i have to spend $900 to get the EFI live software and equipment to be able to do this?

Hi MM, I moved your thread to the LLY section for better hits.

And welcome to the forum

Lifetime Member

If you can find out who the original tuner is you might be able to get them to tell you what's there already and add tune in the blank position. Other than that, you can't read a DSP5 tune so you'll either have to have a new tuner give you the 5 tunes you want or buy the software and learn to tune.

Ira

You can read the DSP5 tune out if the ecm is not locked, LB7's and LLY's can be read if the tuner did not lock the ecm, LLY/LBZ's and LMM's cannot be read after flashing with DSP5.

You do not have to buy EFI-Live, you can purchase a pre-tuned ecm and swap that one as a core providing it isn't locked and can be re-flashed.

If I can help you out PM me.

Good Luck
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

alrighty i double checked the switch it does infact have 6 positions what does this mean? im a pretty good mechanic and very familiar with diesels and extremely familiar with PPE still a stranger to EFI Live so bare with me and my newbie questions guys. EFI is much more indepth should mean better more precise tuning. ahh yes ... i have a laptop so can i just buy the efi live software and cables to tune or do i need the flashscan tool as well? i would like to become familiar with the software and learn to tune my own vehicles

I recommend Tony's tuning, I have seen what he can do, he tuned 2 of my buddies LMM trucks, went from fast trucks to unfriggin believable!!!
    2001 Chevrolet K2500HD Duramax
    Suncoast SCIV 1056
    Kennedy twin lift pumps
    Billet pick up
    MBRP 4" exhaust
    Air intake horn mod
    ARP head studs
    A few more go fast/truck pulling goodies!
    Tuned with EFI
    12.65 @ 107 1.71 60'

Quote Originally Posted by motormadness798 View Post
    alrighty i double checked the switch it does infact have 6 positions what does this mean?
    the switch i purchased and installed has 6 positions. i made the 1st and 6th position non-DSP. A DSP tune will only hold 4 additional tunes on top of the base tune (5 total). the 6th position's function, is up to the person who wired it. it could be dead or a copy of one of the other 5. put an ohms meter on it and check the readings, this will tell you what was done
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

Lifetime Member

You will need either the Flashscan V1 or V2 to tune 01-05 Duramax trucks. If you want to tune any 2006 or newer vehicle whether a GM Duramax or other GM gas vehicles you will need to use the Flashscan V2. The Flashscan V1 will not tune anything newer than 2005. Hard to say how the 6 position is wired. Have to disconnect the wires from ECM and read the OHM and see what each position reads. Then one know which amount of resistance is for which position. The tutorial on the EFILive site about DSP for LB7 and LLY descibes the details of the switch.

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

We built some 6 position switches that were double pole. Didn't catch on. The 6th position would be used to enable a 2nd circuit open or closed, for say, enabling a nitrous system. This requires the use of a specially designed 2-pole switch. Lotsaleads.

The likely reason for a 6th position, is incorrect washer limit placement.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

I an new to efi live but i'm really interested in it I am wanting it on my lmm I want a dsp5 what is the easiest and cheapest way to get it
    08 duramax lmm 5" straight turbo back exhaust 6"mbrp tip edge racing programmer 20" atx wheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast